Fender® Forums
http://forums.fender.com/

Charter member fhopkins
http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111218
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Miami Mike [ Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:17 am ]
Post subject:  Charter member fhopkins

Doc and myself have connected with Frank (fhopkins) and despite some health issues
which he has under control, he just wants everyone to know that he is thankful for all
of the interests and concern via PMs, etc.

https://forums.fender.com/memberlist.ph ... e&u=138943

Author:  ZZDoc [ Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

I had great misgivings about 'Light'nin', as I had dubbed him, having lost contact with no replies on attempts to reach him. Had a brief communication with a family member during the past two years but nothing more. Was buoyed up more than I can say when Mike let me know they were in contact. Frank and I shared something in common in that we had both pulled the trigger on the Gilmour Stratocaster back in '08, and were in active conversation the Forums about that great guitar.

Author:  BMW-KTM [ Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

There are a TON of legacy members who no longer come around here and I often wonder about a lot of them.
Thanks for the update, guys.

Author:  Solid Body Love Songs [ Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

BMW-KTM wrote:
There are a TON of legacy members who no longer come around here and I often wonder about a lot of them.
Thanks for the update, guys.
+1

Author:  ZZDoc [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

Solid Body Love Songs wrote:
BMW-KTM wrote:
There are a TON of legacy members who no longer come around here and I often wonder about a lot of them.
Thanks for the update, guys.
+1

Yah! Once Fender went into Facebook the lines of communication broadened. I see more of Brad on a regular basis on Facebook with a much broader sharing of his personal and professional activities.

Author:  Fender Strat Brat [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

ZZDoc wrote:
Solid Body Love Songs wrote:
BMW-KTM wrote:
There are a TON of legacy members who no longer come around here and I often wonder about a lot of them.
Thanks for the update, guys.
+1

Yah! Once Fender went into Facebook the lines of communication broadened. I see more of Brad on a regular basis on Facebook with a much broader sharing of his personal and professional activities.
That would explain a lot. I don’t Facebook. Were I younger or have need to as I would have, perhaps, that would be different. I helped to develop a popular city Internet Tourism Mall in the 90s so I get it (social media and business and all). I can see a preference or usage for contacts, etc.

For some time contests and other grab yas have been promoting and flogging Facebook. Yes, I miss out on the benefits, but then I also miss out on data breaches and the other Tom foolery. It’s getting to be “I have the data anyhow” world, so maybe I’ll jump in sooner than later. In this topsy turvy computerized world it would be one more thing for me to manage along with self serve hitting the store shelves. YMMV

In any case, it’s always nice to hear from any and all of the gang (past and present). :D
FSB

Thanks, for the thread Mike and the post Doc . Keep on keepin’ on Frank. Best.

FSB

Author:  ZZDoc [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

Fender Strat Brat wrote:
ZZDoc wrote:
Solid Body Love Songs wrote:
BMW-KTM wrote:
There are a TON of legacy members who no longer come around here and I often wonder about a lot of them.
Thanks for the update, guys.
+1

Yah! Once Fender went into Facebook the lines of communication broadened. I see more of Brad on a regular basis on Facebook with a much broader sharing of his personal and professional activities.
That would explain a lot. I don’t Facebook. Were I younger or have need to as I would have, perhaps, that would be different. I helped to develop a popular city Internet Tourism Mall in the 90s so I get it (social media and business and all). I can see a preference or usage for contacts, etc.

For some time contests and other grab yas have been promoting and flogging Facebook. Yes, I miss out on the benefits, but then I also miss out on data breaches and the other Tom foolery. It’s getting to be “I have the data anyhow” world, so maybe I’ll jump in sooner than later. In this topsy turvy computerized world it would be one more thing for me to manage along with self serve hitting the store shelves. YMMV

In any case, it’s always nice to hear from any and all of the gang (past and present). :D
FSB

Thanks, for the thread Mike and the post Doc . Keep on keepin’ on Frank. Best.

FSB


Well, MMV but not by much. I have 56 contacts and they are drawn from two areas of interest. One of them is the Fender Forums. I hide everything that matters so as not to maintain a paper trail to plow thru. I delete all the adverts. I have little interest in things that are shared from people I do not know, so I block anything likely to come from them again. I run a very tight book and, unlike Facebook's administration, do not believe I need more friends....at least not recommended by them...so all the 'you may knows' get deleted as well as 'recommended' discussion groups. All managment is interested in is giving you more fodder from their cannons. Stay safe, bro!......and keep on rock'in Martian....whereever you are. :cry:

Author:  Fender Strat Brat [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

ZZDoc wrote:
. . . Stay safe, bro!......and keep on rock'in Martian....whereever you are. :cry:
Ditto, Doc. Thanks, for the gab. :D
FSB

Author:  Rhumba [ Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

I hope Light'nin is doing ok I lost contact with him years back.
Keep it rockin' man and best thoughts to all the others too.

Author:  Fender Strat Brat [ Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

Rhumba wrote:
I hope Light'nin is doing ok I lost contact with him years back.
Keep it rockin' man and best thoughts to all the others too.
Good to see ya, Steven. Hope you’re still getting together with the fellas at the pub, and I hope Light’nin is doing fine too. In fact, I hope you’re all doing fine this festive season.

FSB

Author:  pgratzb [ Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

So good to here fhop is doing OK. Hope to maybe see him here again someday. Great to see Rumba again. And a very happy holidays to all. BSG

Author:  Rhumba [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

pgratzb wrote:
So good to here fhop is doing OK. Hope to maybe see him here again someday. Great to see Rumba again. And a very happy holidays to all. BSG



Is this gratz the forum master chef? If so I hope everything is going great with you and have a very merry Christmas, you're probably busier than normal just now but take time out to raise a glass with us guy's.
Cheers man!! :D

Author:  ZZDoc [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

Rhumba wrote:
pgratzb wrote:
So good to here fhop is doing OK. Hope to maybe see him here again someday. Great to see Rumba again. And a very happy holidays to all. BSG



Is this gratz the forum master chef? If so I hope everything is going great with you and have a very merry Christmas, you're probably busier than normal just now but take time out to raise a glass with us guy's.
Cheers man!! :D


:shock: :shock: :shock: What happened to my post!?!?! I gave gratz the 'high fives' and hopes that his restaurant was still rock'in and it's gone. So here's a second serving, no extra charge!!

Doc :wink:

Author:  Rhumba [ Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

Fender Strat Brat wrote:
Rhumba wrote:
I hope Light'nin is doing ok I lost contact with him years back.
Keep it rockin' man and best thoughts to all the others too.
Good to see ya, Steven. Hope you’re still getting together with the fellas at the pub, and I hope Light’nin is doing fine too. In fact, I hope you’re all doing fine this festive season.

FSB


Good to see you too FSB, I haven't been in the pub for a while but I might get in there over over Christmas. Have a great time yourself and I hope the new year brings all you want as well, when I get in the pub I'll raise a glass to all the forum peeps. Merry Christmas.
Cheers!! :D

Author:  Fender Strat Brat [ Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Charter member fhopkins

Rhumba wrote:
Fender Strat Brat wrote:
Rhumba wrote:
I hope Light'nin is doing ok I lost contact with him years back.
Keep it rockin' man and best thoughts to all the others too.
Good to see ya, Steven. Hope you’re still getting together with the fellas at the pub, and I hope Light’nin is doing fine too. In fact, I hope you’re all doing fine this festive season.

FSB


Good to see you too FSB, I haven't been in the pub for a while but I might get in there over over Christmas. Have a great time yourself and I hope the new year brings all you want as well, when I get in the pub I'll raise a glass to all the forum peeps. Merry Christmas.
Cheers!! :D

Thanks, Steven. Best of the Season and a wonderful New Year for you and yours as well. Bottoms up to you, mate. :D
FSB

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 7 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/