It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Stratacoustic Question
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:22 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi everyone!

My Fiance' and I got a bit more than we bargained for going out Holiday shopping today. We both came home with new guitars. Mine being the Stratacoustic.

I'm curious if anyone has found a case that fits it well, or does Fender make a hardshell case specifically for it? I had a lot of trouble trying to find one that fits this guitar where I was at today.

Any suggestions? I'd rather keep it out of a gig bag since our household has two large dogs running around and we do like to take the guitars out camping and things in the back of the truck.

Thoughts?

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject:
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:49 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

The gigbag is better than nothing. Also the closet helps quite a bit. I hope you like your new guitars, I'd love to have a Stratacoustic. As for the case, heres one but they want $130 for it. http://www.guitarwarehouse.com/Guitar_Cases_04.php It's the last one on the page.

07 Washburn D10SCE natural with Rosewood backing
Fender Mustang II amp

Experience is the best teacher

Last edited by jaknzax on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:59 pm
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

I use a Fender Deluxe gig bag for mine. It fits perfect!

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:31 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

I'm sorry to disagree with the other posters here so far but being a dog owner and a camper myself, I would -NOT- use a gig bag. I have to completely disagree with the comment about a gig bag being better than nothing at all...a gig bag may protect the finish a little but that's it. Personally I would NEVER put one of my instruments, electric or acoustic, in a gig bag. I've just seen way too many broken necks and headstocks in my day...gig bags simply are NOT worth the risk.

That said, Fender did make hardshell cases for the Stratacoustics but they have apparently been discontinued. If it were me, personally I'd just keep searching the internet...keep an eye on Ebay and such and perhaps even post a "Wanted" ad on Craigslist...maybe even keep your eye out for local guitar shows. I'm sure there's gotta be a couple out there somewhere, it just make take some digging to find one. You also may wish to check out a few hardshells such as those for Ovations...it probably won't be a perfect fit but you may find one that's "close enough" and it's still going to be 1000% better than a gig bag.

Now I am going to add one last little subjective comment here...again being a camper myself and having a great love of that whole "sitting around the campfire and strumming" thing, I would actually suggest getting yourself a cheap, more traditional style acoustic for that. Let's face it, those Stratacoustics don't really sound all that great unplugged...a lot like some of the lower end Ovations really. For something like sitting around the campfire, even something like a $100 Mitchell, Johnson or even a Harmony or First Act is probably going to sound better anyways. If you really need an acoustic/electric for sitting around the campfire, then you can often find a few Applause guitars (Ovation's budget line) for around $100 or so...and obviously all of these will usually fit in to a normal acoustic hardshell without any problem. I used to take either my Seagull or my Ovation out camping with me and then if the wife and I went for a hike or something, I'd worry myself sick about the guitar being in the tent (or the car trunk)...particularly on a really hot summer day. After all, if your in a campground at least, you never know who saw you sitting around the campfire the night before that may come looking for that guitar! Now a days I take my cheapy Johnson (still in a hardshell!) and there's no worries if something happens to it. Just something to consider...

These are, as always, just my own personal opinions and should only be taken as such.

Good Luck!
Jim

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

lomitus wrote:
I'm sorry to disagree with the other posters here so far but being a dog owner and a camper myself, I would -NOT- use a gig bag. I have to completely disagree with the comment about a gig bag being better than nothing at all...a gig bag may protect the finish a little but that's it. Personally I would NEVER put one of my instruments, electric or acoustic, in a gig bag. I've just seen way too many broken necks and headstocks in my day...gig bags simply are NOT worth the risk.

That said, Fender did make hardshell cases for the Stratacoustics but they have apparently been discontinued. If it were me, personally I'd just keep searching the internet...keep an eye on Ebay and such and perhaps even post a "Wanted" ad on Craigslist...maybe even keep your eye out for local guitar shows. I'm sure there's gotta be a couple out there somewhere, it just make take some digging to find one. You also may wish to check out a few hardshells such as those for Ovations...it probably won't be a perfect fit but you may find one that's "close enough" and it's still going to be 1000% better than a gig bag.

Now I am going to add one last little subjective comment here...again being a camper myself and having a great love of that whole "sitting around the campfire and strumming" thing, I would actually suggest getting yourself a cheap, more traditional style acoustic for that. Let's face it, those Stratacoustics don't really sound all that great unplugged...a lot like some of the lower end Ovations really. For something like sitting around the campfire, even something like a $100 Mitchell, Johnson or even a Harmony or First Act is probably going to sound better anyways. If you really need an acoustic/electric for sitting around the campfire, then you can often find a few Applause guitars (Ovation's budget line) for around $100 or so...and obviously all of these will usually fit in to a normal acoustic hardshell without any problem. I used to take either my Seagull or my Ovation out camping with me and then if the wife and I went for a hike or something, I'd worry myself sick about the guitar being in the tent (or the car trunk)...particularly on a really hot summer day. After all, if your in a campground at least, you never know who saw you sitting around the campfire the night before that may come looking for that guitar! Now a days I take my cheapy Johnson (still in a hardshell!) and there's no worries if something happens to it. Just something to consider...

These are, as always, just my own personal opinions and should only be taken as such.

Good Luck!
Jim

Jim,
Brother it is all good! You make many valid points and they are all good. If others have a problem woth your opinion...well that is their issue.
ABS

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:16 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Whats to disagree with.there's one available on the site I mentioned.

07 Washburn D10SCE natural with Rosewood backing
Fender Mustang II amp

Experience is the best teacher

Post subject: Can't find a stratacoustic hardshell case
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:25 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I can't seem to find a Fender Stratacoustic hardshell case anywhere!! If you know where I can find one, please email me! Musican's Friend and many others USED to carry 'em, but no more! http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Stratacoustic-Hardshell-Case?sku=540063. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Post subject: Re: Stratacoustic Question
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:01 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

SKB Electric Guitar Economy Rectangular Case 1SKB-6. While not a perfect fit, it works fine. I tried about a dozen cases at the local music store and this was the only one that fit.