It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: fender f-15
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:47 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

My grand father recently gave me one of his guitars that Leo Fender gave him. He knew leo fender because he sold laquer and enamel for the guitars. Any way the acoustic guitar that I got has never been used. It has a sticker on the inside that has model name (f-15) and serial number. I would like to know if anybody knows how rare or generic the guitar is, and what it might be worth. Thanks

Fender Play January 2019
Post subject: Re: fender f-15
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi, I know this has been a long time ago but I thought I'd still try. I have the same model Fender F-15 and am not sure of the value. I'm having trouble finding replacement bushings or ferrules for it. The only ones I've found so far are slightly large, which makes me think it might be a Japanese made model. I think the value would be less for mine as I don't know the history. Any chance you found more info. about yours and maybe know of where to get vintage parts?

-Ktex

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:31 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

resurrected a Post from 2009???

Value is maybe $$300-$350 (Canadian) since it sounds like it is in great shape.
There was one for sale (good shape) in my area for $400 and comes with a Boss-m-80 amp.

http://philsfenders.com/f-15.html
Phil's Fenders suggests this guitar had a retail price of $185 in 1980...which with mild inflation (2% annually) gives $374.52 today... ha ha

This is a pretty generic (cheap) guitar...but if Leo Fender did in fact give it to your Gramps...then it has nostalgia value...Keep it!

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:19 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I realize the original poster is LONG gone...but still might help someone else some day.

Being (some what) a fan of Pawn Stars, I would say, without a letter of authenticity, and/or signature of Leo Fender, and/or picture of Leo Fender handing the guitar to your Grandpa...the "history" of this particular instrument means nothing more than "he said---she said" in the re-sale value.

I can take a piece of chewed gum to a high-end pawn shop or museum and TELL them that Samuel 'Mark Twain' Clemens chewed it; but doesn't make it so without proof.

Not calling this guys Grandfather a liar...just explaining how I've seen things work.

12' Standard Strat
13' CD-60
15' Standard Strat
15' T-Bucket 300CE Amber
15' Rogue RA-100D (Beater)
17' Epiphone Ltd. Ed. SG Special-I

Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:15 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

So I've recently been taking local guitar lessons in San Jose and I've been researching which guitar I should purchase. I know that there's a lot of great options out there but I wanted to compare the Gibson J-15 to the Fender F-15