It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Saddle for Paramount PM-3
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:25 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello everyone,
I have a fender paramount PM-3CE Standard and I am looking for a saddle replacement. I live in India so I can't find any shop / online store that'd sell me a genuine compensated bone saddle that'd fit this guitar. If you guys have could hook me up with any store (online/ offline) from where I can get a saddle that'd fit this particular guitar, I'd give it to my brother who is coming back from US and he'd bring it for me. I really can't find any link for this particular model's parts and I am a newbie as far as guitar modification etc is concerned, so I am concerned about the size and genuinity of saddle. Thank you! And a happy new year to all of you!! :)

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Post subject: Re: Saddle for Paramount PM-3
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:57 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Fitting any saddle (or nut) to an acoustic guitar is never a drop-in job. Getting it perfect requires tools, skills and time.

And "genuine Fender bone" is... well... just bone.

And: are there really no good guitar repair shops in India? The easiest & fastest way would be to have a new nut made and installed by a good pro.

But of course, you could ask your brother to visit a Fender licenced repair shop, and ask if they'd order a saddle for you as a spare part.

Post subject: Re: Saddle for Paramount PM-3
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:31 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

By genuine , I meant a saddle probably provided by Fender for this particular model (not any local vendor that might say it's bone and hook me up with some cheap material).
There definitely are good luthiers and repair shops, but in bigger cities, not anywhere near where I live, here it's just a couple of shops with not so quality work or craftsmanship.
This is why I thought if Fender(or some other store) provided customized spares that'd fit this particular model, it'd make things a lot easier and I'd do it myself.
Hope this clears things up. :)
PS: Thanks for the response!!