It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: fender acoustic korea or indonesia?
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:52 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello guys,

Im from Buenos Aires and I have some doubts. Im looking for a used fender (cheaper than the news like cd60s). When I searched in the free market (a place where you can buy used or new things) i saw a lot of models like the CD60s but some others like the DG5, DG6 & DG8s. The doubt came because some of them were korean (inside and outside the guitar) but some models says crafted in indonesia and everything is normal. When I search the serial it says "Samick, Korea 1988 - 1996".

Why is that? I know since 2008 fender makes acoustics from Indonesia. Im confused and im new in the acoustic fender world. Any thoughts? I would like to know what "cheap" models you recomend (I tried a cd60s with the fender strings and i didnt like at all maybe had to change them after a couple of months etc).

Thanks!

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Post subject: Re: fender acoustic korea or indonesia?
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:39 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

" I would like to know what "cheap" models you recomend "

"... fender strings and i didnt like at all maybe had to change them after a couple of months etc). "

-paulyyy

Guitar is a matter of taste, market on your country and...money. Search with Google.
Strings ; any brand won't never last manys months

Why do you want a Fender ? Why not the best one for the money , Me I'll go with Taylor guitars.

10 Best Affordable Acoustic Guitars Under 200 Dollars 2019
1 – Jasmine S35 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar. ...
2 – Yamaha FG700S Solid Top Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar. ...
3 – Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar – Natural. ...
4 – Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar, Natural. ...
5 – Rogue RA-090 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Black. ...
6 – Fender CD-140S Acoustic Guitar. ...

https://www.guitarhabits.com/10-best-af ... -dollars/7 – Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic Guitar.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:52 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

stratele52 wrote:
" I would like to know what "cheap" models you recomend "

"... fender strings and i didnt like at all maybe had to change them after a couple of months etc). "

-paulyyy

Guitar is a matter of taste, market on your country and...money. Search with Google.
Strings ; any brand won't never last manys months

Why do you want a Fender ? Why not the best one for the money , Me I'll go with Taylor guitars.

10 Best Affordable Acoustic Guitars Under 200 Dollars 2019
1 – Jasmine S35 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar. ...
2 – Yamaha FG700S Solid Top Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar. ...
3 – Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar – Natural. ...
4 – Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar, Natural. ...
5 – Rogue RA-090 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Black. ...
6 – Fender CD-140S Acoustic Guitar. ...

https://www.guitarhabits.com/10-best-af ... -dollars/7 – Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic Guitar.

Hi dude thanks for the reply!

First of all in Buenos Aires we had a big devaluation. The "illegal" dollar is like 74 pesos. The music stores they take one dollar = 70/71 pesos. The problem is when I find in amazon everywhere it cost 200 or 230usd (something near 20.000 pesos which is ok for a new guitar). The acoustic CD60s in a music store is like 28.000 pesos (almost 400usd). Thats why I give it a try to search old fenders from the 90s and I saw korea was really good and i saw some good prices. For example a DGS8 korea used etc its the half of a new CD60s.. it doesnt make any sense.

In the other hand you are right. I dont have to much to expend but near 250/300usd (22.000pesos) you can buy a cheap sigma acoustic or something like that. Then you had some cheap corts like the ad810 or af510 which are like 15.000 pesos (here is almost 200usd). I thought fender cd60s because the box wasnt to big, was almost a dreadnought. I thought about yamaha but just try f310 and was to big. There is some missing models and I need time to try more. But I was searching somethink not to big, more thinner or a bit smaller than the dreagnought i had epiphone but the sound is like dead i dont know why (maybe a change of strings gives the solution). Eastman has some cheap models? Some friend recomend that brand.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:08 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Thank you for your very informative answer.

What you are looking for are from Buenos Aires guitar market.
It is quite different from North America guitar market where most forum's member are from.

Good luck in you search.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:46 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

stratele52 wrote:
Thank you for your very informative answer.

What you are looking for are from Buenos Aires guitar market.
It is quite different from North America guitar market where most forum's member are from.

Good luck in you search.

I know. A Taylor GS Mini here is like $80.000 pesos/1000U$D aproach its crazy. Thats why I dig in to some fender 90s used models and i knew korea were really good at 90s like japan etc. Any acoustic models besides the big brands (no taylor no martin)?