It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Struggling with top E when going through PA
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:22 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi. I restrung my Tele Acoustasonic for the first time. After having some struggles with the pins, which I have seen is a common problem, when I played a gig, the top E string was very quiet compared to the rest of the guitar. I thought it must be a dud string and changed it in the break (although it sounded OK when not plugged in) but there was no improvement.

Has anyone else had this issue and what might be the remedy? Im not very technical, I'm afraid.

Best

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Post subject: Re: Struggling with top E when going through PA
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:24 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

NYCblue wrote:
Hi. I restrung my Tele Acoustasonic for the first time. After having some struggles with the pins, which I have seen is a common problem, when I played a gig, the top E string was very quiet compared to the rest of the guitar. I thought it must be a dud string and changed it in the break (although it sounded OK when not plugged in) but there was no improvement.

Has anyone else had this issue and what might be the remedy? Im not very technical, I'm afraid.

Best

most common reason for this uneven pressure pushing down from the saddle on the UST.

Two ideas

check the saddle is totally true and flat.

if you can find some shielding tape, stick a slice of that on the saddle right under the E String you're having issues with.