It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: fender acoustic
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:14 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

hello to the members of this forum.i,m sandy from dundee in scotland and have just bought a fender acoustic guitar and am struggling to find information on it.it has a sticker inside saying made in china and the following letters and numbers dg-4nat and a serial number which is cs 01072123. i have tried looking on various identify your guitar sites but have drawn a blank so far.i would appreciate any help. thanks . sandy

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: fender acoustic
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:58 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

There isn't much info to be found on Fender's outside-USA made acoustics.
And do not trust the Fender's support/product dating page info; DG's have been made in China, but at least in Indonesia, too.

The sticker tells the model, that's DG-4 (sometimes spelled DG4 in the web). The NAT is the color; natural. Usually with Chinese Fenders, the first two serial numbers tell the year, so that would make yours a 2001(ish) model.
With DG-series, the model number followed the quality/price class, so the DG-4 is an entry level, lower priced guitar - I think it could have been originally an "acoustic value pack" guitar. This, of course, doesn't mean any bias against the guitar, many economy Fender acoustics play & sound real nice.

Here's a bit of info on the sister model; DG-5: https://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?t=39509

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:04 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

to jmattis.thank you for the info .looks like i got a bargain.i paid £40 pounds for the guitar and a stagg padded gig bag.happy days

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:44 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

Oh yeah. Very little money for a helluvamount playing hours enjoyed. Play on, play LOUD.