It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: [HELP] New FA-125CE might be fake?
Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:23 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I recently bought a Black Fender FA-125CE Accoustic Electric Dreadnought guitar. Was happy with it, but it seemed lacklustre in finish. Nothing much, but I decided to check the inside for the sticker.

Here's the problem, it says the product is Crafted in China. It comes with the serial #CFFI1801007. I tried to register the product at Fender's official website, but it drew a blank on the serial number. I went paranoid. It lacks CE and Quality Testing stickers as well. I paid ~$300 for the guitar. If it turns out fake, well I'll do the needful. But I need to know and it's killing me.

Is the CFFIxxxxxxx series legitimate and made in China? I expected a Made in Mexico/Indonesia product at least. I know the Squier products are often made in Korea/China but even they have valid nomenclatures. At a loss and need help, if anyone could help I would be highly obliged. Thanks and have a good day.

Here are pictures to help out.

Sticker, Body Front and Rear, Fretboard, Tuning Pegs and Preamp: (Also contains a genuine verified Fender sticker with database-matched serial)

https://imgur.com/a/Sy8GVhr

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Post subject: Re: [HELP] New FA-125CE might be fake?
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:14 pm
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Contact Fender Customer Relations by phone or email and express your concerns.
Fender does produce guitars in China as well as Indonesia and Mexico.
AFAIK, Thomann is a legitimate dealer.

I am curious on the price. I don't see a CE on the Fender site, but the FA125 is only $150 US.

Post subject: Re: [HELP] New FA-125CE might be fake?
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:08 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

That 300ish could be a price for a pack. The current price of a black Fender FA-125CE (the guitar only) at Thomann is 168€, on their UK page it translates to 128,93£. That's about 189$.

Fender makes(/has made) guitars just about everywhere, including China. Nothing wrong there.
Chinese serial numbers from that era (I would read the beginning as CFF11 as in 2011ish build year) aren't always in the Fender database. And that applies even more if that "pack" guess is right. So a missing serial is not alarming, either.

And one thing. One does not get a fake Fender/Squier from Thomann.