It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fender Newporter Player
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:32 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I purchased the new Newporter Player. It got a crack in the finish, for no apparent reason (it was just sitting on the guitar stand), but the wood seems to be fine. Has anyone else had an issue with this, with the new California Series? I love playing it, so since the wood seems OK, I'm just going to deal with it. I was just curious if anyone else has had this happen.

Fender Play February 2019
Post subject: Re: Fender Newporter Player
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:53 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Most likely the temperature/humidity conditions are different (factory - storage - shop - shipments - your house), and the guitar reacts like that.

Fender excludes that kind of things from their warranty, but you may still be covered by seller's return policy or consumer legislation. That is, if you feel you can't live with the crack.

If you want an IMHO view on that: finish cracks don't matter, wood cracks can be repaired. :wink:

Post subject: Re: Fender Newporter Player
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:52 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks for the response. I thought about the environmental conditions. It's just strange that I haven't had this issue with any of my other guitars. I have an Ibanez acoustic, that is also painted. And, I heard that about the warranty. The guitar sounds great, and is, honestly, a very fun guitar to play. I've let some of my professional musician friends play it (I'm not a professional :-)), and they are quite impressed. Especially, since it's a less than $400 guitar. Thanks again!