It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: SQUIRE AFFINITY SERIES PRECISION BASS PJ PACK
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:25 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Should this bass be ready to play straight of the the box? I was going to purchase this pack at a Guitar Center and the sales person pointed out that the strings were too far from the frets. They showed me other basses to compare and it was easy to see the difference. The Guitar Center rep suggested I give it to their guitar tech who would set it, including new strings, for about $60.00. Is this normal for a new bass?

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: SQUIRE AFFINITY SERIES PRECISION BASS PJ PACK
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:36 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Well, it depends on what you get, and how it leaves the factory. Squier can be hit or miss with this, unfortunately. At least with my experience with them, anyway. Sometimes, these kind of basses do come set up pretty good, though. I bought an Ibanez Talman short scale bass that was around $179, but it was set up nice, with a very low action, actually. I'm just wondering, being Guitar Center after all, that they'd might have even screwed with the bass so someone who's unsuspecting would wind up paying extra money for it to get it fixed up. Yeah, I'm not a fan of that franchise, and I wouldn't put anything past them. Personally, I wouldn't even mess with that. I'd try something else, or elsewhere, first. I wouldn't want you to get ripped off.