It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Identifying squier guitar (No serial #)
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:44 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi all. You have a newb here! I was wondering if someone could help me; I have bought a squier for a very cheap price in a second hand shop and just out of curiosity would like to know the year or country of origin. It has Squier in big bold letters, then strat following it and fender in the ball of the headstock. There’s no serial # on the headstock, front or back, no F or fender on the tuners or backplate. I did take the neck off and it has 950614 on the neck and 950309 in the neck pocket (there COULD be a missing number between the 5 and the 0 but it’s hard to tell) I’m not new to guitar, having played for over 20 years, but not great with this stuff.

My brother in law has a squier bullet that feels a bit like a toy, but this thing I have feels nothing like that! Feels closer to a Mexican I have. Just to add, this thing has some war wounds and looks a good 20 odd years old. I’m guessing mid to late 90s? Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Fender Play November 2019
Post subject: Re: Identifying squier guitar (No serial #)
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:15 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

At least to me, ID'ing with that amount of info is impossible.
How about starting with plenty of high-res pics, all sides & details & electronics.

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:51 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

There's a chance you might find it on this site: http://www.squierwiki.com/HomePage There's PDF's for old Squier catalogs, and other info on there.

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:54 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks for the reply guys! I’ll put some pictures up.....Bit of a daft question; how do I post pictures?

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:21 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

Not daft in any way. The question comes up so often, I've made a sticky note of the basic instructions:
Quote:
First you need to upload your pics to the internet. Use a pic hosting site (imgur, imgbb or such - avoid photobucket) or some common web framework like e.g. facebook, googlephotos - whatever you're familiar with.
The important thing is that the web site provides you with a pic address - that's the one starting with 'http' or 'https' and ending in '.jpg' .

Copy the pic address, and use the IMG-command (visible when you write a message) on the forum.

Preview your post so everything is OK.