It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post subject: 1986 Squire Strat with 3 toggle switches - Photo
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:41 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Can anyone tell me about this strat i have?

It plays amazingly well, sounds incredible, and has 3 toggle switches in place of a 3 or 5 position switch.

The serial # isnt bringing anything up on the product dating section other than it is approx 1986 MIJ. Everything seems to be stock, and i picked it up about a year ago in San Francisco from a private party.

Appreciated...

Fender Play February 2019
Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:14 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I don't know if this'll help you at all, but I've been perusing the Guitar Fetish site and they sell these "superstrat" wired pickguards (http://store.guitarfetish.com/whmoofpesuki.html) that look similar to the pickguard on your guitar, with the three toggle switches. Maybe somebody modified it along those lines?

Nice looking guitar by the way!

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:47 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks.

From what limited info I have been able to locate, it is a 1985 or 86 Squier Strat - Silver Series. It did not come with a pick guard, this guitar is stock to the bone (none of the pups have been changed out, nut and bridge are original, and it was rear loaded - no pick guard). Its got some love dings.

Here is a larger pic: http://x31.net/strat/strat.jpg

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:23 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Either way, that's a pretty nice looking axe. I'm curious as to know what it is.

-Custody of SE Strat.
-Peavey Predator/Dean Evo/Epiphone DR150/Gibson Slide (much older than me).

Rellik Productions Inc.

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:41 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

After more research, I'm not sure if this is a Silver Series or not. The Harmony Central forums make it sound as such, but doing a little more review, it looks like:

Potential Fender builder: FujiGen Gakki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FujiGen

Year 1985 (Serial is E5......)

Made in Japan

Waiting on AllExperts, but was hoping the expert was here... ?

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Electric-Gui ... er-MIJ.htm

Post subject: japanese contempoary strat
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:19 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have the same guitar (candy apple red / no pick guard / black headstock) with the serial # starting with an E6. I also found it to be made in around 1986. there has been quite a bit of time spent searching this bad boy out and found it to be a mid line strat fender came up with to compete against gibson and other guitar manufacturers for the new electric guitar market sweeping the globe during the late seventies and early eighties. fender u.s.a. for the first time , decided to manufacture guitars outside the US . they chose a japanese company named FujiGen to take advantage of the asian market. these guitars were made of the best materials available to gain the confidence of the fender guitar company. some of the parts they used were american made, and asembled in japan. this is why the quality of these guitars are as good if not better than the US made strats during the same few years. i'll try to post a pic of my guitar.

Post subject: fender contemporary statocaster
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:27 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

go to this address for more info. on your squire. http://www.imuso.co.uk/directory/squier ... uitars.htm

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:16 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks... I'll keep updating this as i get more info as well. It is one of the best guitars I've owned, and I'm positive it has to do with the quality of workmanship.

Appreciated.

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:04 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have 3 of these now. I have an '86 Fender Contemporary Telecaster with the three mini-toggles which I love, so I started looking for a comparable Strat. The Fender Contemporary Strats of that era have the regular 5-way slider, so I found the Squier Strat and bought one. The neck is FANTASTIC and the pickups are excellent (20+ years old no less!). The
Squier is typically called a Squier Contemporary Strat as far as I can tell. Couldn't really find much about the years they were made. I play these far more than the '86 Fender American Standard Strat I have. I also would like to know more about these.

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:15 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Looks to me like someone had some mini switchs put in there,the only bad thing about those are you cant go outta phase with unless its a tap switch vs a 5 way you, all you do is just set the switch in the middle of the 1 and 2 which puts it outta phase....Guitar Kenny

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:40 pm
Rock Star
Rock Star

I just wired my Fender Highway 1 with 3 on/off/on mini toggles in place of the 5 way. Mine is wired for on/off/out of phase.

Authorized TonePros Dealer
Authorized WD Music Products Dealer
F/A Official Southpaw Compliance Certification Tester http://faamps.com/

http://www.facebook.com/cafeathers

I didn't Lose my mind, I traded it for this guitar.

Post subject:
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:58 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hey! I have that same EXACT guitar! I bought it brand new in 1986 for $400.00. I still have the receipt! Mine's a little beat up though. Been with me a long time!

Post subject: I have one of these guitars
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:37 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi I have the same guitar but in red. I can confirm that at the time of purchase it was labled SQUIRE CONTEMPORARY STRAT. I have owned it since new and bought it in 1987. The Serial number works like this E= Eighties and the first digit = the year. Mine is E6XXXXX so it was made in 1986. Mine is a little battered and has served me well over the years, the pickups are standard and deliver great sounds over many styles. It's a great guitar and although I have owned about 6 others since, it is the only one I have kept!

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:18 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Cool guitar :D

Post subject: Re: 1986 Squire Strat with 3 toggle switches - Photo
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:25 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello, About those contemporary MIJ Squier strats with the 3 toggle switches. I have a neck from one of those with the same black headstock and an E6 prefix seriel no. and 22 frets the same. What I need to know so as to match a bridge to it, is what is the string spacing from the Low E to the High E at the tremolo saddles where the strings first meet the bridge. Anyone out there who can help, it would be appreciated. Also what seems not so well known on this model is that it has a 24 3/4 inch neck scale same as a Gibson Les Paul and different to most fender Guitars that have the 25.5" scale. Cheers, Trev

Go to page 1, 2  Next