It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Delonge Strat
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:22 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello everyone. First post.

I recently purchased a Squier Delonge Strat. I love the guitar and the feel of the neck. I bought with the intention of replacing the neck with a 22 fret neck. This guitar is from the Standard Series. I also purchased a used Squier Standard Strat with a 22 fret neck to use on my Delonge. The body was too shallow for the neck heel.

Before I take the original neck back off and take detailed measurements of the pocket for a potential Warmoth neck, I was wondering if someone from this forum knows of a 22 fret Fender or Squier neck that will be a fit for the alder body. Did not see any “Delonge” results in the search bar. Thank you for any replies!

Jeff

Fender Play November 2019
Post subject: Re: Delonge Strat
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:20 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Slight variations in neck pocket depth and neck heel thicknesses can compound into big action problems. I don't think that anyone can guarantee any particular neck will fit any particular body without shimming.

It seems counterintuitive that adding a shim to a pocket that's too shallow could help, but it can.

This situation calls for a front shim, placed between the 2 front neck screws.

Try it. When you discover that it works, if you're bothered by the appearance of the tiny gap you could consider beveling the neck heel instead.

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:15 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thank you very much for your reply. I have taken the neck off a Blacktop Strat and it fits perfectly. So much so, I think I will keep it there. Of course, my Blacktop Strat now needs a neck. I am currently trying to determine the correct Fender neck for that guitar. Thanks again.
Jeff

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:52 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

JeffreyS wrote:
Of course, my Blacktop Strat now needs a neck. I am currently trying to determine the correct Fender neck for that guitar.

The obvious, of course: another Blacktop neck... :wink:
But basically, a Blacktop body should accept any 'regular' Fender - with the usual "some fitting issues might occur" clause.

And I'm a bit confused about your problem alltogether.
If the Delonge is based on a Squier Standard, a neck from another Squier Standard should have been a "direct" fit.
Did you take measurements of the neck pocket & heel, which one is off specs and how much? (And is the body full thickness?)