It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post subject: 2019 EC Custom Almond Green LTD
Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:55 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

For his 5-nights run in Japan Eric Clapton debuted a new signature axe finished in Almond Green, a custom color commonly found on Aston Martin cars having a much lighter hue than his Strats finished with Porsche and Mercedes car colors.

How about an LTD release in Teambuilt and Masterbuilt versions?

Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: 2019 EC Custom Almond Green LTD
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:41 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

You should paint your Vespa that color.

:lol:
Arjay

"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:00 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

chromeface wrote:
For his 5-nights run in Japan Eric Clapton debuted a new signature axe finished in Almond Green, a custom color commonly found on Aston Martin cars having a much lighter hue than his Strats finished with Porsche and Mercedes car colors.

How about an LTD release in Teambuilt and Masterbuilt versions?

Sounds like a cool color chromeface, have any photos by any chance?

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:47 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Relic G Man wrote:
Sounds like a cool color chromeface, have any photos by any chance?

Here you go:

Unfortunately I've trouble finding footages from the concerts and more photos due to DMCA reasons.

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:42 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Sweet! :)

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:09 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:40 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Very nice chromeface, :) enjoyed that.

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:44 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I don't know if the 13th was just one of those bad nights where he's carrying a specific problem, but I was quite taken aback at how his accuracy has dropped off since I last saw him play (2018).
Soooo many bum-notes in this show, landing on the wrong fret etc. Watch Sheriff from that night (it's on the uploader's channel too).

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:40 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

LeftyElliot wrote:
I don't know if the 13th was just one of those bad nights where he's carrying a specific problem, but I was quite taken aback at how his accuracy has dropped off since I last saw him play (2018).
Soooo many bum-notes in this show, landing on the wrong fret etc. Watch Sheriff from that night (it's on the uploader's channel too).

Yep, I've noticed the playing trouble he got while performing the closing wah-wah outro on Pretending.

I think it's time for a definitive retirement, he can't continue riding the road anymore. Kindly hope the 6th Crossroads Guitarfest could be his very last appearance onstage before his retirement next year.

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:10 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

chromeface wrote:
LeftyElliot wrote:

Yep, I've noticed the playing trouble he got while performing the closing wah-wah outro on Pretending.

I think it's time for a definitive retirement, he can't continue riding the road anymore. Kindly hope the 6th Crossroads Guitarfest could be his very last appearance onstage before his retirement next year.

I'm still clinging to a hope it was just a problem in Japan (hand problem/medication or something, rather than 'just old age'). I just can't believe his playing has deteriorated so much since last year. I didn't notice any of these problems in the 2018 shows we have on YT. It seems he was trying to play relatively simple solos (for him) but still messing them up badly :? I guess we just have to see how he is next week in London. I hope it was a blip for whatever reason.. not that I'm going to those gigs, I just don't like to see/hear it happening.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:25 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thank you chromeface for starting the thread! I just came across a clip from the Japan shows and immediately thought that it must be a new colour. I think it looks great with his no-tint neck. Here's hoping Fender might add this to the order options for Masterbuilt Clapton Strats.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:08 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

There are folks who prefer Lace Sensors over Vintage Noiseless pickups.

Well, here's a nice throwback from the good ole days:

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:07 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

LeftyElliot wrote:
I'm still clinging to a hope it was just a problem in Japan (hand problem/medication or something, rather than 'just old age'). I just can't believe his playing has deteriorated so much since last year. I didn't notice any of these problems in the 2018 shows we have on YT. It seems he was trying to play relatively simple solos (for him) but still messing them up badly :? I guess we just have to see how he is next week in London. I hope it was a blip for whatever reason.. not that I'm going to those gigs, I just don't like to see/hear it happening.

Well after seeing the London shows it seems the 'problems' from Japan are gone, which is great. Maybe one day we'll hear about something, probably not though.

Continued to use the new Greenie :mrgreen: with the older 'blueish' one thrown in on a few.

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:27 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

The Mercedes Blue Strat was setup for capo and slide playing since Eric stopped using Lace Sensors while performing with a bottleneck.

Those London shows were marked by a blistering rendition of Prince's "Purple Rain", a smoky blues "Before You Accuse Me" (featuring Jimmie Vaughan on guitar and vocals) and a high-energy electric "Layla". Other highlights included "Motherless Children", "Change The World", "Alberta", "Holy Mother" and "Tearin' Us Apart", with the latter replacing "Wonderful Tonight" and "Cocaine" from older performances.

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:41 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

LeftyElliot wrote:

yeah that solo was rough. And you could see it on his face. Anyone can have an off night. Vocals still sounded great.

Go to page 1, 2  Next