It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fender Acoustic 100/200 Amp - connection to PC (Windows 7)
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:41 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello everyone!
I 've recently purchased a Fender Acoustic 200 amp. It is a really great amp!
However when I am trying to use its connectivity (via USB) to PC for audio recording, i am having the following issue:
Though it is connected to the PC and it is regognized as a USB audio device in the Device Manager, it is not recognized by the DAW (not even by the windows sound recorder).
Note that I have updated the firmware of the amp (using the same connection).
I have also downloaded & installed the Fender Universall ASIO 2_12_F driver on my PC. However it does not seem to apply to the USB audio device of the amp. The drivers installed on this device have been automatically assigned by the Windows os.
Did anyone else had a similar issue? If so how did you solve it?
Thanks in advance..!

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Post subject: Re: Fender Acoustic 100/200 Amp - connection to PC (Windows
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:12 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Have you tried downloading an "easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems" such as Audacity? A lot of them are free.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:29 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thank you for your answer White dog. In fact Audacity is what i am currently using. And though i manage to get sound input from the pc mic or my vox-st pedal (connected via usb) into Audacity DAW or windows sound recorder, this is not achievable with the Fender Amp usb connection. So this is not a problem of the DAW software.

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:47 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Yah, I use a Blue Snowball recording mic hooked directly to my computer and through Audacity. Blue doesn't make the Snowball any more...but there's a lot of good ones out there in the $100 range. Or an Interface will work too...good clean sounds.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:24 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

You may need to select the input device in Audacity, but it sounds like you know that and can't find it in the list. Maybe try ASIO4ALL?

Also, make sure that Windows PC is all patched up with Windows Updates. Oh, and one more thing ... Microsoft's support for Windows 7 happens to end today. You might want to look into Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... pport-ends

What happens when Windows 7 support ends?
Applies to: Windows 7Windows 8Windows 8.1
Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020. If you continue to use Windows 7 after support has ended, your PC will still work, but it will become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses because you will no longer receive software updates, including security updates, from Microsoft. Microsoft strongly recommends that you move to a new PC running Windows 10 sometime before January 2020 to avoid a situation where you need service or support that is no longer available.
Last Updated: Nov 21, 2019

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:00 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

ghost of strings you are right: i cannot find it in the list. I installed asio4all and it still does not fix it. (though I did not expect it to, since asio is a driver that enhances the performance, rather than enables a device that was not working). And yes i have updated every singe driver etc.
I really cannot think of anything else to try, so I am starting to suspect that this is a problem of the Fender Amp usb module.
Is there anyone that has actually connected the Fender Acoustic 200 (or 100) as an audio input via usb, to verify the procedure that they followed?

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:44 am
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

I have with Fender Mustang and it's probably similar. Fenders ASIO driver is most likely ASIO4ALL rebranded with maybe a couple of changes. It was a long shot.

What about Windows updates and specifically .NET updates? Run 'em. Also, try a different USB port. If it's connected to the back of the computer try the USB on the front (or vice - versa). Try disabling antivirus software to rule that out. Also try a different USB cable if you have another.