It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Bassbreaker 15
Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:36 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

This past weekend I gigged with my Bassbreaker 15, ran a line out, had an effects loop, put on mute. I lost all control on the top panel. Had no volume, reverb, tone, channels, etc. Volume was stuck on pretty loud, nothing I did with the amp had any bearing on the level and tone it had when this occurred. Controlled volume the best I could with my guitar, which sucked because I lost a lot of edge and was constantly too loud in the monitors. I’ve never encountered this...has anyone had this happen. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: Bassbreaker 15
Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:45 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I guess the question would be: Does the amp do this when you just try the amp itself without a 'line-out'...same question for the 'effects loop'. Just too many variables. Trouble shooting can only be done by you, by disconnecting said cables one at a time. Too difficult to remedy without being with the set-up.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:37 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

White Dog wrote:
I guess the question would be: Does the amp do this when you just try the amp itself without a 'line-out'...same question for the 'effects loop'. Just too many variables. Trouble shooting can only be done by you, by disconnecting said cables one at a time. Too difficult to remedy without being with the set-up.

+10000

"Does the amp do this when you just try the amp itself ? "

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:02 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

If the OP is a gigging musician, I would expect this isn't the first time he hooked it up that way.
I can't picture any normal operation that disconnects the control panel. A loose ground internally might be a culprit.