It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
Post subject: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:12 pm
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 am
Posts: 55
Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
For getting better sounds with distortion/ big muff/ fuzz for getting dave gilmour tone...
Whats is your suggustion friends for any modification or part replacepments?
I recently restoration and recap all the capacitors with good quality japanese caps, my amp has one 5u4 sylvania rectifier and two russian 6l6...
I use vibarato channel, the clean tone is nice and warm but when i use big muff and fuzz the sound become harsh and not good and not satisfy me...
Please help me about this issue.


Top
Profile
Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:20 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:48 am
Posts: 25657
Location: Tombstone Territory
ali_k wrote:
...but when i use big muff and fuzz the sound become harsh and not good and not satisfy me...

Back your treble tone control down and do not use the "bright" switch.

Arjay

_________________
"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:45 pm
Offline
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 am
Posts: 1433
Location: Coastal Bend, Tx.
Here is a MOD for the clean channel if you wanna something different. I haven't tried it but it is a good source for all things AB763 and a good overall resource.
https://robrobinette.com/AB763_Modifications.htm#Lead_Channel_Mod
You could also try different pre-amp tubes and the adjustments already mentioned.


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:17 am
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 am
Posts: 55
Retroverbial wrote:
ali_k wrote:
...but when i use big muff and fuzz the sound become harsh and not good and not satisfy me...

Back your treble tone control down and do not use the "bright" switch.

Arjay

Do you think Replacing the tubes will work and make a good sound?


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:27 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:48 am
Posts: 25657
Location: Tombstone Territory
What I think is, you don't have a clue as to what you're doing.

That's why you came here.

Spend two hundred dollars on a new set of tubes if that is your wish -- there's no guarantee that they'll solve your problem (if indeed you actually have one).

What I suggested costs you NOTHING.

Do as you will.

:roll:

Arjay

_________________
"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:32 am
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 am
Posts: 55
ali_k wrote:
Retroverbial wrote:
ali_k wrote:
...but when i use big muff and fuzz the sound become harsh and not good and not satisfy me...

Back your treble tone control down and do not use the "bright" switch.

Arjay

Do you think Replacing the tubes will work and make a good sound?


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:34 am
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 am
Posts: 55
sfceric64 wrote:
Here is a MOD for the clean channel if you wanna something different. I haven't tried it but it is a good source for all things AB763 and a good overall resource.
https://robrobinette.com/AB763_Modifications.htm#Lead_Channel_Mod
You could also try different pre-amp tubes and the adjustments already mentioned.

Thank you so much


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:30 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:31 am
Posts: 13122
Location: Province de Québec, Canada
Be sure Output tubes bias are right.

_________________
English is not my mother tongue , I do my best


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:12 am
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 am
Posts: 55
sfceric64 wrote:
Here is a MOD for the clean channel if you wanna something different. I haven't tried it but it is a good source for all things AB763 and a good overall resource.
https://robrobinette.com/AB763_Modifications.htm#Lead_Channel_Mod
You could also try different pre-amp tubes and the adjustments already mentioned.

Is there a schematic or diagram for moding the fender super reverb amp to marshall ( jcm800 or jtm 45 ) amp?
I want to mod only normal channel to marshall amp for distortions.
Please help me about this issue.


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:19 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:31 am
Posts: 13122
Location: Province de Québec, Canada
ali_k wrote:

Is there a schematic or diagram for moding the fender super reverb amp to marshall ( jcm800 or jtm 45 ) amp?
I want to mod only normal channel to marshall amp for distortions.
Please help me about this issue.



Never do that to a AB763 Silver Face , it is a crime :shock:

Cheaper to sell the amp and bought a Marshall

_________________
English is not my mother tongue , I do my best


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:19 pm
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 am
Posts: 55
stratele52 wrote:
ali_k wrote:

Is there a schematic or diagram for moding the fender super reverb amp to marshall ( jcm800 or jtm 45 ) amp?
I want to mod only normal channel to marshall amp for distortions.
Please help me about this issue.



Never do that to a AB763 Silver Face , it is a crime :shock:

Cheaper to sell the amp and bought a Marshall

Ok, thank you Sir...


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:07 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:31 am
Posts: 13122
Location: Province de Québec, Canada
If you search a specific sound, you are better to buy the amp ( or guitar) you know it will have the sound you are looking for.
A mod is often a guess......I will say is always a guess.

The JTM45 or JCM800 was inspired (copied?) from the Fender Bassman tweed serie 5F6 or nearby. The Super Reverb AB763 is, in my opinion, very different.

_________________
English is not my mother tongue , I do my best


Last edited by stratele52 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:10 pm
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 am
Posts: 55
stratele52 wrote:
If you search a specific sound, you are better to buy the amp ( or guitar) you know it will have the sound you are looking for.
A mod is often a guess......I will say is always a guess.

So many thanks for your kind advise...


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:02 pm
Offline
Rock Star
Rock Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 6461
ali_k wrote:
Is there a schematic or diagram for moding the fender super reverb amp to marshall ( jcm800 or jtm 45 ) amp?
I want to mod only normal channel to marshall amp for distortions.
Please help me about this issue.


Maybe, a pedal? If you already have this Fender amp. :)

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... gIUoPD_BwE


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender super reverb SF ab763 modification
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:17 pm
Offline
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 am
Posts: 55
BMW2002Ti wrote:
ali_k wrote:
Is there a schematic or diagram for moding the fender super reverb amp to marshall ( jcm800 or jtm 45 ) amp?
I want to mod only normal channel to marshall amp for distortions.
Please help me about this issue.


Maybe, a pedal? If you already have this Fender amp. :)

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... gIUoPD_BwE

Actullay I have so many pedals, russian big muff , proco rat , hardwire TL2 , boss ds1 keeley mod , boss mt2 keeley mod ( all modifications are by myself) and...
but sound is not acceptable at all with super reverb , i also put boss eq7 after distortion pedals and even put boss cs3 before the distortions for polishing the sound but not really satisfy with the amps sound, actually i think the super reverb have not compressed sound , so the distortion and fuzz sounds are prrety fizzy and harsh , therefore i'm looking for some improvement of my fender super reverb circuit...
And other important thing is i dont want to spend extra money for buying new amp.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Fender Play April 2019

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: