It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: P-Lyte wiring
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have a set of pickups from a P-Lyte that I got in a trade, electronics, controls and knobs included.
Whoever removed them from the bass originally just cut them out and didn't bother to mark, label or otherwise preserve the original wiring, so I have no idea what goes where.
I'd like to put these in another bass. I haven't had much luck finding any diagrams or pictures of the intact set, even from Fender.
If anyone here has a wiring diagram or even owns one of these that they'd be willing to pop open and take some pictures of the control cavity to send me, I'd greatly appreciate it...
I'd like to re-use the control set if possible, or am I better off just finding a new preamp/controls for the thing?
Thanks in advance for any help...

Fender Cyber Monday 2019
Post subject: Re: P-Lyte wiring
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:29 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

We talk about this bass;

https://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?t=34680

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:14 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Yep, looks like they are looking for the same wiring diagram... I see plenty of questions but no answers...

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:13 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

proffett wrote:
Yep, looks like they are looking for the same wiring diagram... I see plenty of questions but no answers...

You are right, no answer.
I fix guitars and tubes amps.
I have lots of schematic and links to find more over the years, nothing about what you are looking for :(

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

You know, there was someone here that went by the name of "Brother Dave" that most likely could have helped you, since he did know quite a bit about that particular bass, but unfortunately he died like a year or two ago. He had a website, which I got some info about the P-Bass Lyte which is my girlfriend's, and got a PDF file from him, but I just looked and his site is now gone, and my PDF file doesn't have anything about any diagrams, just the parts and what the control knobs do.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, after I typed this out and about to post, I tried using the Wayback Machine, at fortunately his site was there and I did find this: https://web.archive.org/web/20151030085 ... _japan.pdf If you scroll down on the PDF file, this one seems to have a diagram there. Hopefully, this will help.