It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Post subject: Re: pics of ur jazz bass
Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:00 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

63p-bass wrote:
Thanks Mr Nylon and PaulLF.

Yeah, I think it looks good too. It's easy to play and is loaded with CS 60's pups. I'm running GHS Precision Flats on it, and my P bass too and they sound great.

I visit back here every once in a while and it seems real quiet most of the time. Seems like you guys have the forum to yourselves these days.

Peace fellas, see ya soon.

I have the CS60's on the AC Jazz as well. I like them a lot. Paul and I just keep in contact here, so if anyone else drops in, it's cool. Good to see you are still around, and about.
You hang in there too!

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:54 pm
Roadie
Roadie

Hey Paul,
The GHS flats are nice. I put them on both my Precision and Jazz
I listened on You Tube to different brands and liked the way these sounded the best.
A .45-.105 set is on the Jazz and the tension is a little higher than chromes, but sound more old school, and warmer, or chocolaty as they say.
I put a .45-.95 set on the Precision, but might put them on a fretless P I wanna build, and get a .105 set for the fretted P. This set is slightly brighter than the .105 set, still warm but less thumpy.
I may not go back to rounds, the flats feel so good.
Good luck with your search.

Jim

2006 FSR Precision
75 Reissue Jazz MIJ

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:06 pm
Roadie
Roadie

Mr. Nylon wrote:
63p-bass wrote:

Yeah, I think it looks good too. It's easy to play and is loaded with CS 60's pups. I'm running GHS Precision Flats on it, and my P bass too and they sound great.

I visit back here every once in a while and it seems real quiet most of the time. Seems like you guys have the forum to yourselves these days.

I have the CS60's on the AC Jazz as well. I like them a lot. Paul and I just keep in contact here, so if anyone else drops in, it's cool. Good to see you are still around, and about.
You hang in there too!

Howdy Mr Nylon,
I really like the CS60's. My harness had a larger orange drop cap and I switched to the smallest one for a little more brightness. They have been a joy to play.

I'm planning to build a fretless P, soon I hope. I've staved off GAS for a year, but it's coming back. My excuse is that all I need for the fretless is a neck, so I may as well.

Hope you get to play as much as you want!

Jim

2006 FSR Precision
75 Reissue Jazz MIJ

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:59 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Here it is I think I figured it out:

C/S,
Rev J

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:59 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

63p-bass wrote:
Mr. Nylon wrote:
63p-bass wrote:

You hang in there too!

Howdy Mr Nylon,
I really like the CS60's. My harness had a larger orange drop cap and I switched to the smallest one for a little more brightness. They have been a joy to play.

I'm planning to build a fretless P, soon I hope. I've staved off GAS for a year, but it's coming back. My excuse is that all I need for the fretless is a neck, so I may as well.

Hope you get to play as much as you want!

Wow! That fretless P should be awesome! Go for it.

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 am
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Rev J wrote:

C/S,
Rev J

Cool pic. I'd say you figured it out. :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

Rev J wrote:

C/S,
Rev J

Cool. 8)

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:16 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Thanks I had to pimp it out with a set of Spellbinder knobs (Ebony with Mother of Pearl inlayed Bass Clefs) and a Stanley Clarke signature strap.

C/S,
Rev J

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:28 pm
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

63p-bass wrote:
Hey Paul,
The GHS flats are nice. I put them on both my Precision and Jazz
I listened on You Tube to different brands and liked the way these sounded the best.
A .45-.105 set is on the Jazz and the tension is a little higher than chromes, but sound more old school, and warmer, or chocolaty as they say.
I put a .45-.95 set on the Precision, but might put them on a fretless P I wanna build, and get a .105 set for the fretted P. This set is slightly brighter than the .105 set, still warm but less thumpy.
I may not go back to rounds, the flats feel so good.
Good luck with your search.

I've done the same thing for flats. I'll bet it's probably the same video we watched. I used to use Rotosound flats, which I still have on a couple of basses, but they are a lot harder to find in light gauge, for some reason, even on line, and the regular gauge (.105 to .45) I found way too stiff. I have a set of light gauge Dunlop flats on my Ibanez Talman short scale bass that I really like, and are available from American Musical Supply, where I prefer to shop, but they don't have them in long scale (for my long scale basses) there, or about anywhere else, at least with the light gauge. I'm trying to avoid going to regular gauge strings if I can. I prefer the lighter ones, since I find them a lot more flexible, and quicker to move on, at least for flats. I also have some nerve damage in the the pinky and ring finger of my left hand, so that also helps that I don't have to warm up so much to play, if it's acting up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57