It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Jazz bass serial number
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:08 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi all. New to the forum. I’m mulling about pulling the trigger on what looks like a nice jazz bass. The current owner can’t shed much light on when it was made as he got it as a trade for a musicman stingray.
I can’t find any info via the fender serial number data base or via other online investigation.

He believes it’s a mid nineties jazz.

It has the following serial number stamped on the rear of the headstock 10O33877. The front of the headstock has the usual fender logo with made in the USA printed underneath. To clarify, the third digit looks like a capital O, not the number zero.

Any help in determining if this is legitimate would be most helpful.

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Post subject: Re: Jazz bass serial number
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:13 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Lots of good websites to view serial numbers of Fender instruments on.
I google searched “Fender serial number” and found a heap when researching my fretless Jazz. Gave me more questions than answers. Hopefully you’ll have more luck.

Post subject: Re: Jazz bass serial number
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:58 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

Bsharpflat wrote:
Hi all. New to the forum. I’m mulling about pulling the trigger on what looks like a nice jazz bass. The current owner can’t shed much light on when it was made as he got it as a trade for a musicman stingray.
I can’t find any info via the fender serial number data base or via other online investigation.

He believes it’s a mid nineties jazz.

It has the following serial number stamped on the rear of the headstock 10O33877. The front of the headstock has the usual fender logo with made in the USA printed underneath. To clarify, the third digit looks like a capital O, not the number zero.

Any help in determining if this is legitimate would be most helpful.

A couple of good clear close ups of the full front and rear of the headstock would sure help. If it were 1990's the serial would start with a capital letter denoting the year. If the jazz bass in question is legitimate it appears to have been made in 2010. However, the fact that the serial number you provided returns this message: "Serial number unrecognized, please verify that the number is correct. If it is still not recognized you can try one of the popular guitar forums and see if the experts there can help. ". I would consider the bass to be a counterfeit until proven otherwise.

2016 Rumble 200 Combo
One day they shall name a GREAT city after me, and they shall call it LINNINGRAD