It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Blistered & Popped Waterslide Decal & Am. Or. 60s Pickguard
Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:23 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi Everyone,

I have a brand new Fender American Original 60s Jazz with a blistered & popped waterslide headstock decal. Can it be safely removed & replaced wiithout damaging the nitro?
Also can anybody explain why the pickguards on the American Original 60s Jazz don't fit snuggly around the heel of the neck. They seem to be old stock from another line of basses that have been filed down on the sides to fit the neck of the American Original. They are extremely tight to get off & on yet still fit poorly.
Cheers

Fender Play Winter Sale 2020
Post subject: Re: Blistered & Popped Waterslide Decal & Am. Or. 60s Pickgu
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:40 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Wow! I can't help you myself....but I CAN help by bringing this thread back to the top for those who might have an answer.
Sound's like extremely shotty work for a "brand new" Bass---especially for what you pay for an American Bass.
Safe to assume you ordered this Bass sight unseen and had it shipped to you in this condition?

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:04 am
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

White Dog wrote:
Wow! I can't help you myself....but I CAN help by bringing this thread back to the top for those who might have an answer.
Sound's like extremely shotty work for a "brand new" Bass---especially for what you pay for an American Bass.
Safe to assume you ordered this Bass sight unseen and had it shipped to you in this condition?

Hi White dog,
Thanks for your reply. Wasn't notified of your post, just happened to be looking & saw it.
Yes Brand new, ordered from a local music store who ordered from Fender Australia (I'm in Australia). The bass was returned to the store who returned it to Fender. After a long wait for a replacement, it turned up yesterday. During inspection at the store guess what the replacement has a blistered decal!
The store have taken a photo for warranty reference.
Cheers.

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:26 am
Rock Star
Rock Star

That's so unusual. I've never seen anything like that. To happen twice in a row is even more unlikely. Did you take note of the serial number on your first bass? Did they just wait a few months and send the same bass back to you?

2016 Rumble 200 Combo
One day they shall name a GREAT city after me, and they shall call it LINNINGRAD

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:56 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

linnin wrote:
That's so unusual. I've never seen anything like that. To happen twice in a row is even more unlikely. Did you take note of the serial number on your first bass? Did they just wait a few months and send the same bass back to you?

The replacement bass is a V18 serial, the original was a V17 serial. The decal is blistered in a different place on the replacement.