FenderĀ® Forums
http://forums.fender.com/

Fender PJ's With A Jazz Neck
http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109306
Page 1 of 61

Author:  Mr. Nylon [ Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Fender PJ's With A Jazz Neck

I got into this 4003 Ric Jetglo the other day. Image

Author:  PaulLF [ Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: American Professional Jazz

Pretty cool. 8) It's not one of the models you used to have, is it, or was that one of the now discontinued Standard models?

Author:  Mr. Nylon [ Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ric 4003 Jetglo

PaulLF wrote:
Pretty cool. 8) It's not one of the models you used to have, is it, or was that one of the now discontinued Standard models?


ImageImageImage No, It's a for real Am. Pro. Jazz. The newer style higher, thin frets do play well. The V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups sound good too. Image

Author:  chromeface [ Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: American Professional Jazz

The Olympic White/Parchment/Rosewood combo looks classy.

I dig those Black Nylon strings on a fretless J-bass.

Author:  Mr. Nylon [ Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ric 4003 Jetglo

chromeface wrote:
The Olympic White/Parchment/Rosewood combo looks classy.

I dig those Black Nylon strings on a fretless J-bass.


Thanks, not too bad.

Author:  Mr. Nylon [ Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ric 4003 Jetglo

The Mint Green PG is still on, and I'm getting more used to it.Image

Author:  PaulLF [ Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: American Professional Jazz

I have to say it looks pretty nice with the white finish. Really, the only time I'm not keen with white pickguards is on sunburst and black finishes, but more so the sunburst finish.

Author:  Mr. Nylon [ Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ric 4003 Jetglo

PaulLF wrote:
I have to say it looks pretty nice with the white finish. Really, the only time I'm not keen with white pickguards is on sunburst and black finishes, but more so the sunburst finish.


I was doing my finished playing ritual, wiping down the bass, and just realized this is the first Fender Olympic White bass I've had with a Rosewood board. All the Rosewood boards were on 3-Color Sunbursts. I did have an Arctic White Standard Fretless Jazz with a Rosewood board. I don't like White PG's on Sunburst, or Black bodies either.

Author:  PaulLF [ Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: American Professional Jazz

You never had a white Jazz with a rosewood board before? You know, now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing you with that, either. It was usually the sunburst models like the fretless you had. I guess the reason I'm not keen with the white pickguard with the sunburst is that to me, it doesn't flow visually. That of course, is just my personal preference.

Author:  Mr. Nylon [ Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ric 4003 Jetglo

PaulLF wrote:
You never had a white Jazz with a rosewood board before? You know, now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing you with that, either. It was usually the sunburst models like the fretless you had. I guess the reason I'm not keen with the white pickguard with the sunburst is that to me, it doesn't flow visually. That of course, is just my personal preference.


Yep, that's true. I had the one Standard Fretless Jazz, a long time ago that was an Arctic white with a Rosewood board. But the 3-Color Sunburst were the Rosewood boards. Kinda' funny the way things worked like that. I still may order a White PG to use in place of this Mint Green. I may have mentioned this before, but the Mint Green doesn't look so bad to me on the Olympic White. I do agree with you, darker colors don't always go with lighter PG colors.

Author:  PaulLF [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: American Professional Jazz

I've never even seen one of those fretless models in white, just sunburst and black. I wonder if that was some limited edition thing, or just a lot of stores and sites didn't carry it? You want to replace the pickguard on your white Jazz, then?

Author:  Mr. Nylon [ Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ric 4003 Jetglo

PaulLF wrote:
I've never even seen one of those fretless models in white, just sunburst and black. I wonder if that was some limited edition thing, or just a lot of stores and sites didn't carry it? You want to replace the pickguard on your white Jazz, then?


No, it was a regular MIM Standard, Arctic White that Fender decided to drop. I think were a couple of other finishes in that Standard Fretless they dropped also.

Author:  PaulLF [ Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: American Professional Jazz

It must have been when they first came out then. Sometimes, they'll do that, with having different finishes available, then phasing them out, until often discontinuing them altogether.

Author:  Mr. Nylon [ Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ric 4003 Jetglo

PaulLF wrote:
It must have been when they first came out then. Sometimes, they'll do that, with having different finishes available, then phasing them out, until often discontinuing them altogether.


I don't know how long those Arctic White MIM Fretless Jazzes were totally available. Apparently I bought mine just before they were discontinued.

Author:  PaulLF [ Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: American Professional Jazz

That seems likely.

Page 1 of 61 All times are UTC - 7 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/