It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Author Message
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:14 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 17831
Location: On the loo, regretting that gas station burrito.
That's true. People can get hung up on names and things like that, often with good reason, but occasionally there's a diamond in the rough, as it were.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Fender Play April 2019
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:44 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 16111
Location: "In this country town, where the laughter sounds",...
PaulLF wrote:
That's true. People can get hung up on names and things like that, often with good reason, but occasionally there's a diamond in the rough, as it were.


How very true.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:56 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 17831
Location: On the loo, regretting that gas station burrito.
Sometimes, you don't even have to spend a lot of money to even find something. You can just get lucky like that, I think.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 16111
Location: "In this country town, where the laughter sounds",...
PaulLF wrote:
Sometimes, you don't even have to spend a lot of money to even find something. You can just get lucky like that, I think.


Being in the right place, at the right time, does seem to work ok. It's pretty much how I got the Player Jazz.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:23 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 17831
Location: On the loo, regretting that gas station burrito.
I've noticed that does work out like that rather well. It's not necessarily a planned out thing ahead of time, but like you said, the right place, at the right time. I think I've gotten the majority of my gear like that in the past several years.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:58 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 16111
Location: "In this country town, where the laughter sounds",...
PaulLF wrote:
I've noticed that does work out like that rather well. It's not necessarily a planned out thing ahead of time, but like you said, the right place, at the right time. I think I've gotten the majority of my gear like that in the past several years.


It's played a favorite for me a few times too.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:30 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 17831
Location: On the loo, regretting that gas station burrito.
I'd say that happened recently, didn't it?

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:59 pm
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 16111
Location: "In this country town, where the laughter sounds",...
PaulLF wrote:
I'd say that happened recently, didn't it?


Yes, that it did. And I'm So Glad. In my "little hole in the wall", Fender, and Hartke make it happen.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:56 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 17831
Location: On the loo, regretting that gas station burrito.
Yeah, I remember you hit a rough spot there, right before that. At least you were able to recover enough to be able to have some sort of gear to play through after that.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 16111
Location: "In this country town, where the laughter sounds",...
PaulLF wrote:
Yeah, I remember you hit a rough spot there, right before that. At least you were able to recover enough to be able to have some sort of gear to play through after that.


Yep. It did work out for the best after all. The scaled down Hartke amp is fine for my playing, and the Player Jazz is so similar to an Am Std. that I like. Ok for me.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:20 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 17831
Location: On the loo, regretting that gas station burrito.
Well, I wouldn't say it's that scaled down, maybe a little bit. I'd say it's still a formidable half stack, and you could always throw that head on a bigger cab, or two and move more air with it, if you wanted to. Either way, I'd say you have the perfect rig for your situation. 8)

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:24 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 16111
Location: "In this country town, where the laughter sounds",...
PaulLF wrote:
Well, I wouldn't say it's that scaled down, maybe a little bit. I'd say it's still a formidable half stack, and you could always throw that head on a bigger cab, or two and move more air with it, if you wanted to. Either way, I'd say you have the perfect rig for your situation. 8)


Without a doubt. The 112b is 4 ohms, so I do get the full 250 watts from the HA2500. Like you said a couple of weeks ago now, with what I have in power, is at what the Kustom heads were from back when I loved those amps. They sure sounded great for me in MSG that one time.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:19 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 17831
Location: On the loo, regretting that gas station burrito.
That's true, with the only difference is you're not running through any of those 2 x 15" or 3 x 15" cabs, and you also have a tube preamp, and graphic EQ. I will say those Kustom amps did sound pretty good, though. I have played through them, and also played through one of those 2 x 15" cabs when I had the Orange head.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:17 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 16111
Location: "In this country town, where the laughter sounds",...
PaulLF wrote:
That's true, with the only difference is you're not running through any of those 2 x 15" or 3 x 15" cabs, and you also have a tube preamp, and graphic EQ. I will say those Kustom amps did sound pretty good, though. I have played through them, and also played through one of those 2 x 15" cabs when I had the Orange head.


I still say those Kustoms were some of the finest amps in that time. They gave the speaker options that most other companies didn't.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Post subject: Re: Fender Player Jazz
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:24 am
Offline
Rock Icon
Rock Icon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 17831
Location: On the loo, regretting that gas station burrito.
Yeah, they also seem to be quite well built, since you can still find quite a few on the used market. Usually, they aren't that expensive, either, when you compare them to other vintage models, but those are usually tubed.

_________________
Image


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Fender Play April 2019

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: