It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Stage 160 amp
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:05 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Any thought good or bad about the Stage 160 amp?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:15 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I've been using a Stage 160 on stage for about a year now. Great amp. Has all the classic Fender sounds - very punchy clean channnel and two great dirty channels to give you any degree of overdrive or distortion you want. The Timbre selection is a useful little feature and the onboard effects are quite good. The amp is loud. Its easy to carry around as well - so no straining the back lifting it in and out of the car. Plug a Strat or a Tele into this and it sounds great - as it should. Sounds equally good with a Les Paul plugged in .The only fault that I can find with it is there is always a slight hum when the amp is on but I can live with that. Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:22 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

It's a great amp - loads of power, great tone and easy to handle travel wise. Great sound for a transistor based amp. Very responsive which is rare. I like that it's loaded with those celestions too because it gives it a nice bit of throat which adds to the charm of the drive sounds. Mines is also very quiet hum wise... maybe I got lucky but it's great for recording as a result!

I got mine as a cheap gigging alternative to an old tube amp I wanted to preserve, not quite the same but pretty close - I was really impressed! A good tube fake!

Enjoy it man cuz I enjoy mine!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:59 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

My Stage 100 sounds better with the extention cab, that makes it a Stage 160. I'd kinda like a Stage 160. I also have a stage 112 se. The Stage series is Great Solid State Amplification.