It is currently Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Need help carbon dating my Fender acoustic DG-5
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:03 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I bought this fender acoustic in September last year of my landlord who apparently had no clue about guitars and sold it to me cheap. Recently I'm trying to sell it cus I'm moving back to Sweden. Now I've been trying to value this thing, but the s/n nor the series don't match anything I can google up.

The s/n starts with the letters CS, followed by 8 numbers, which i thought might relate to the CXS, Axl manufactured Squiers in China, but Axl doesn't seem to have any resembling guitar. It says "Made in accordance to specifications of Fender Musical Instruments Corp USA. Manufactured in China" on a sticker in the sound hole along with the s/n and the series, and there's a little "Inspection K" sticker on the back of the headstock (think it's supposed to be OK and not K but that's all that shows), so I'm doubting the guitar's a fake, but that's why I'm asking you guys. The series of the guitar, also printed on the sticker in the sound hole, says DG-5 BLK (it's a black guitar).

I'll try posting photos when I get my camera up and running.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:04 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Here's the images btw, hope they can help:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:50 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

Well I can't speak for that particular model, but I will say all the markings look to be authentic. Everything seems in order with every other Fender acoustic I've had experience with, to include my CG-24.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:29 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thanks for the conformation! Just found this of http://www.fender.com/support/acoustics.php:
".... serial numbers of these acoustic guitars have never been archived and are of no assistance when attempting to date the instruments".

Guess mines a mid 90's guitar worth up to about £175, which is more than twice what i payed for it :D

Thx neway guys!