It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: 54 vs 59 stratocaster thin skin
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:21 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

hear i am again looking for the perfect strat, this time i was wondering which year model is better, thanks carson

1952 reissue telecaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:02 pm 
Rock Star
Rock Star

Theres no better one, both are great guitars. I have a 54 and it gets most my playing time. Member Budglo has a 59 and swears by it in the same vein.Either is a great choice. Call Troy at Wildwood and he'll find exactly what you want. http://wildwoodguitars.com/contact/ Hope this helps........... 8) Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

cherokee747 wrote:
Theres no better one, both are great guitars. I have a 54 and it gets most my playing time. Member Budglo has a 59 and swears by it in the same vein.Either is a great choice. Call Troy at Wildwood and he'll find exactly what you want. http://wildwoodguitars.com/contact/ Hope this helps........... 8) Mike
Just came across this thread (dont know how I missed it).The 59 is a great strat.Mine is the ash, white blonde body with a rosewood slab neck.I am sure the main difference between the 2 is the neck wood.Mine is just a pleasure to play.I gigged with it twice so far and have to say out of my 4 strats, I like the neck on my 59 best.Real comfy and easy to play.Wildwood did a great job setting the thing out.Really you couldnt go wrong with either one.Keep in mind too that positions 2 and 4 are not hum cancelling.To me its not a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:11 am 
Rock Star
Rock Star

I'll chime in on this a little,I have a '59 with the 6105 frets,they are quite different than the other VRI Strats I have,'57 & '62 HR.
If you have never played a guitar with those 6105 frets,you might want to find one and try it out,for me they take some getting used to because they seem so much taller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:20 am 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Rebelsoul wrote:
I'll chime in on this a little,I have a '59 with the 6105 frets,they are quite different than the other VRI Strats I have,'57 & '62 HR.
If you have never played a guitar with those 6105 frets,you might want to find one and try it out,for me they take some getting used to because they seem so much taller.
Agreed.They take some getting used to.Not sure which guitars come equipped with 6105s that you might find in the store.Road worn,John Mayer maybe.Once you get used to them though you can bend like crazy.