It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fender Jazzmaster Ultralight-what's happening?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:06 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I posted a topic earlier asking why the Fender Jazzmaster Ultralight speaker enclosure suddenly has disappeared from the Fender website, but I got no replies.. And now another weird thing happened; I recently found a German online music store (Thomann) selling the Head/Amp for only 450 Euros (which is about half of the normal price here in Europe), but I couldn't find the speaker cabinet on their website. I mailed them about this, and a few days later they replied that the amp and cabinet was sold out, but they actually had a cabinet left in stock, it just didn't show on their website. (now the amp is gone from their website, too). And they also said that this product will no longer be available, and when I asked why, they couldn't tell me..
And in several other different online music stores it also says "this product is no longer available" or something like that.
I'm a bit puzzled by this; The Fender Jazzmaster Ultralight amp/cab has received nothing else than great reviews, and now suddenly one of Europes largest online Music stores sold it out for half price, saying it will not be available anymore. And this seems to be the case in many other stores worldwide, too. What's the deal? I think someone at Fender knows something they're not telling us..