It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fender "The Twin",aka The Evil Twin w/ Red Chicken headk
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

(Inappropriate commentary deleted - please refrain from postings of this nature here.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:33 pm 
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

tbazzone wrote:
That should get you a lot of help

+1

Stick one of these in him......

......'Cause he's done!

:lol:

Arjay

"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:47 pm 
Rock Star
Rock Star

Free speech works both ways. :wink:

Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, BB King: The Ultimate Guitar Trio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:42 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Output : 25/100W

Production from 1987, not before 1985

http://ampwares.com/amplifiers/fender-t ... -the-twin/

The Twin (Red Knob) Jazz Tone Test

V1.2
T1
M6
B0
(Min = 0)

Very nice !!!

Compaire and close to '67 Vibrolux Reverb(V2.2 T1 B3.5) (Jensen C10NS) by footswitch.

Inst ; '67 ES-175DN

Versatile Spec.

Availabel to use for " Vintage Bassman 4-10 " settings amd etc.
Manual, page 8
http://ampwares.com/schematics/TheTwin_ ... Manual.pdf

The Twin is a ultimate special amp.

Heavey Low and Era

Almost guitar amps use to with solid body guitars, needs heavey low.

Chosen speakers tone matched so.

Notice for hollowbody, set a touch of the Bass and Treble.

Last edited by kawa-175 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:34 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Schematics
http://ampwares.com/schematics/the_twin.pdf

Manual
http://ampwares.com/schematics/TheTwin_ ... Manual.pdf

Vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgb186N-PZI

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... FqutcwjRmQ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:43 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

I saw Steve Cropper playing through an evil twin the other night on PBS. I won't mention it was at the White House in order to prevent apoplexy among some of our sensitive forumites. He wasn't playing a Tele. I thought maybe it was a Musicman.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:37 am 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Viper101 wrote:
I have the Schematics for this amp and I am Certified Electronics Technician.So I was able to replace all the jacks with no problem,,,except for 1.

Coincidence? :| :lol:

Fender Red Knob (Evil) Twin - $695 (Woodstock)

Early 80's Fender Red Knob Evil Twin, excellent condition, all new tubes, replaced all input jacks, completely gone through. Your choice of original speakers or the Eminence Tonkerlite neodynium speakers that are currently installed. Email or call XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thank you.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/msg/3898674980.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:37 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Fender Amps 9-Pin PCB Phone Jack for The Twin and etc.
http://www.bustedgear.com/part_jack_input.html

Post subject: Evil Twin
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:20 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

To all who have helped me with this Question/Issue. I appreciate those who were able to help me and referred me to sites where I could find out more info on my amp. I have spoken with Fender Tech Support and they were able to tell me mine is only a 25/100 watt version. I was also able to order the replacement jacks, as well as a replacement Reverb pot (which was scratchy and loose). Since then I was able to fix the soldering issue, through pictures that were sent to me via http://music-electronics-forum.com/t332 ... post305069 . The pics were clear and perfect for what I needed! And now everything is up and running great. I have found that even before I started working on this amp, the Reverb unit seemed to be a bit, either really powerful or possibly even faulty. Because I find that I can barely turn it up past 4 without it sounding like there is too much reverb. But, for $50 I can get a brand new Accutronics unit and replace it right out. So its no big deal. In the meantime, since all the jacks have been replaced. I have been offered over $1000 for this amp,, by several friends and Musician Associates!! So, I am thinking,, I should sell this for the highest price I can get, and then sell my Line 6 Vetta 2 With the FBV Full Foot Controller for $1300! Then take the money and buy a Mesa Boogies Mark V!!
Does anybody think that this would be a very good idea, or at least a Great Trade Up?? Although I love the Line 6 Vetta 2 because it has so many amp simulations and pedals and all those bells and whistles. That It can get any amp,Pedal,effect, cabinets or sound I want!! But I just have to go through it and adjust all the presets to what I need when I am gigging out. Does anybody have any Suggestions about what they would do?? Would you stick with the Vetta 2 or just go all the way and a get the Boogie Mark V?? I am just asking for some opinions or suggestions to see if anyone agrees with my idea.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:05 pm 
Rock Star
Rock Star

1000 dollars WOW that's a lot you can find the all day for 500. Sell it as fast as you can if you can get 1000.

Post subject: Re: Evil Twin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:59 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Viper101 wrote:
go all the way and a get the Boogie Mark V

I wonder if it can do nice Fender cleans. :|

Post subject: Re: Evil Twin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:01 am 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Viper101 wrote:
I appreciate those who were able to help me and referred me to sites where I could find out more info on my amp.

Are you sure?

Ytsejam777 wrote:
Not to mention the fact that you didn't write childish comments to my question, as is all I have found on the Official Fender Amp Forum.

Very nice to provide us a link to where you're badmouthing the forum members here. That will surely make you a lot of friends here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:17 am 
Rock Star
Rock Star

Late to the parade, again. Is this the amp is question?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/D ... deOrig.jpg

My guess is a solder sucker to clean up ALL needed solder points, first. No?

:?:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:32 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Viper, you might want to leave that tank alone. Those were good years for Accutronic. Instead, I'd turn it down and let the mechanical function of the springs degrade over time. We're talking years. If the replacement is a vintage-used tank in great shape....then OK. GTG, good eyes!! I watched that R&B concert on PBS also. Yep, Mr Cropper used " The Twin " and a Peavey Custom Tele. Art

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:34 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

@aclempoppi,,, I have been asking around,,, and I get the same response. Everyone else, All musicians mind you who play Fender Amps, said the same thing. To let it degrade until it doesn't work anymore, then replace it. If possible with a used one from the same time frame. So, as per your suggestion, I will wait and just dial it up to 3 and wait until it really goes. In the meantime I will use my Line 6 Vetta 2 With the Full FBV Dual Pedal Foot Controller. If I need more Pedals, Cabinets, Amps, or any other effect that I missed. Don't get me wrong/. I love my Fender Twin!! It really sounds Awesome, and the Clean tones are "The Perfect" Clean tones, that have been heard on so many albums. I just came back from "The Gathering of the Vibes" this past weekend. we camped out as we always do. And saw some great bands and heard some great amps.!! But I cant say that I even Saw a single amp that was probably made before the LAte 80's! Most were 60's or 70's Fenders, Marshalls, or Vox's.!! Which all sounded great to me!!!!! And I have a Buddy,, Travis Moody (he is on the web and Facebook)He is a phenomenal Guitar Player. Check him out if you can. He has a Hedstrom,,a Fender Vibrolux, a Fender Twin and a Fender (something, I forget he has so many) But he is ready to give me $1,000 for the Fender "The Twin" as it sounds today.! Which is a great price seeing I only paid $75 dollars for it from a pawn dealer who didn't now anything about amps. Some had tried to pull the 6L6GC's tubes out without unlatching the Base Clips. So they literally pulled the Glass part of the tubes out of its airtight vacuumed seal. Which let the air in and caused the amp to do nothing but squeal the moment you turned it on. So I just replaced the 6L6GC's with a brand Matched Quartet of Groove Tube 6L6GC's (chinese model) and then I replaced all the 12AX7's, and the 2 12AT7's just so all the tubes would be new, fresh tubes that I know are working. Then I re-biased the amp. and Plugged in my 78' Gibson Les Paul Custom!! And Damn,,, That amp rocks!!! It was so loud I couldn't dial it past #1!!! So I borrowed my Buddies Tom Scholz "Powersoak", And it let me turn up the master volume as high as I wanted while, while the Tubes were getting overdriven, it only attenuated the output to the speakers. And Damn, Man!!! If that amp Didn't Completely sound like any Boutique amp I ever heard. From the Fenders,to Vox,Matchless,Marshall,Mesa Boogies, and some I never even heard before. But I play alot of Hard rock,, and mostly Dream Theater!!! And even though this amp sounds great,, Its still not user friendly enough for a guy like me who generally only uses about 4, rarely 5 sounds. So, once, I finished putting "The Evil Twin" Back together. I and gonna sell it to my Buddy for a Grand! This way I keep it in "The Family" (so to speak). And he said if I ever need to use it again, he would loan it to me. I plan on taking the money from the sale of the Fender. Then I am gonna save some more money and just buy a Mesa Boogie Mark V and be done with it!! I will have all the channels sounds I need for my Style of playing! While still having other tones to choose from for other songs and cover songs. And Dream Theater songs. But Again,, I thank you for the advice.. I know that reverbs do degrade over time and I had a 1973 Gibson SG system Amp with an accutronics Reverb and over the years it has just gotten sweeter. So I agree with your idea and I am gonna roll with it.

Thank You Very Much for your Suggestion!!

Sincerely,,
Jay Rein

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next