It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fender Kingman acoustic/electric case
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:18 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Just bought my Kingman bass and I am very impressed with everything about it except for the fact that I am having a very difficult time finding a hardshell case to fit it :( if anybody could send me a link to a case that will fit this beauty it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Post subject: Re: Fender Kingman acoustic/electric case
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:47 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

In case it helps, I have one like yours, and mine fits well, (really just, almost tight), in a GEWA Wood Case Serie Economy Flat Top Model 523.116

When I decided to buy the bass, the shop assistant was not sure about if he would have a case for it. But he did. I bought it (58€) at the same time that the instrument here, in a shop in Barcelona (Spain, but not excuse for my poor english), 45 days ago.

I haven´t found the same case in their webpage, but have a link http://www.alfasoni.com/productos.asp?t ... %20Cuerdas

Good luck finding yours.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:52 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I've found a gigbag for my Kingman Bass, but I haven't heard of a case for it. Maybe if it happens to fit in a case made for another model.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:43 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I really wish they would make a case for that badboy. I got one in '09 and I had to buy a bag for it. I like the convience of bags, but my clumsy self needs a case. I think it's really stupid that they still don't have one for the bass. They have them for the guitar versions, but not the bass. In my opinion, the bass needs it more then the guitar being that it is ridiculously long! Haha. I wish Fender would make a case for this. Fender, I hope you're listening, because this is really stupid that you won't take care of your bass players. Don't be a "Gibson" and only care for the celebrity guitar players...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:18 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Any updates on the hard case for the Kingman? Fender gave me a part number of 0079869000 for a case, but I think it's a soft case.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:39 pm 
Rock Star
Rock Star

That is the right part number, it lists for $100 but I can't find one anywhere to see what kind of case it is. Both of the Fender acoustic bass gig bags list for $75. This is possibly a chipboard type hard case. But I can't find out for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:27 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I would be happy with even a gigbag! Which ones have anyone found that fit the Kingman?

Thanks!