It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Tele blacktop 'blown up' sound
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:22 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi all,

I got a problem with my Fender Telecaster blacktop. I bought the guitar brand-new about 1 year ago and had no problems with it so far(except for the jack output that was a litte loose). It's a great guitar and it plays terrific! Too bad I'm having some diffculties with it since a few weeks. The guitar doesn't sound right.. It's kinda hard to explain but it sounds very dull, low pitched en above all BLOWN UP. The settings on my amp have no effect at all. The only thing that helps is to play with the bridge pick-up. Because of it's natural higher tone it will sound a bit more 'okay', but still not as it should.

It's kinda annoying and it really takes away the pleasure from playing this wonderful guitar.

I replaced the cable with a new one, this didn't help either. I checked the connections of the electronics and they seem fine to me.

Does anyone here have an idea what's wrong with my guitar? I hope my description was okay and that someone recognizes it!

Post subject: Re: Tele blacktop 'blown up' sound
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:16 am 
Rock Star
Rock Star

Kiwivogel wrote:
Hi all,

I got a problem with my Fender Telecaster blacktop. I bought the guitar brand-new about 1 year ago and had no problems with it so far(except for the jack output that was a litte loose). It's a great guitar and it plays terrific! Too bad I'm having some diffculties with it since a few weeks. The guitar doesn't sound right.. It's kinda hard to explain but it sounds very dull, low pitched en above all BLOWN UP. The settings on my amp have no effect at all. The only thing that helps is to play with the bridge pick-up. Because of it's natural higher tone it will sound a bit more 'okay', but still not as it should.

It's kinda annoying and it really takes away the pleasure from playing this wonderful guitar.

I replaced the cable with a new one, this didn't help either. I checked the connections of the electronics and they seem fine to me.

Does anyone here have an idea what's wrong with my guitar? I hope my description was okay and that someone recognizes it!

Welcome.

Premising your strings aren't dead and at the same time, not having the instrument in front of anyone of us, this presents as some kind of partial shorting. Your best bet is to bring it to a COMPETENT tech for remedy. FWIW, it may be covered under warranty.

Post subject: Re: Tele blacktop 'blown up' sound
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:44 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

You might want to check your amplifier first. If it is a tube amp, you should probably change your tubes right about now. Or you might have blown one, or all of your speakers, or your bass EQ might be set really high, and the treble low... sounds more like an amp problem than a guitar problem, go over to a freind that plays guitar and try his amp, or bring your guitar into a music store and say "you are looking for an amp, but you only want to play your guitar because you have it sey up just right, ect ect...)

1965 Fender Precision Bass, 1994 Fender '54 Reissue Precision Bass, 2007 Applause Celebrity, 2011 Fender American Special Jazz Bass, 2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster, 2013 Fender American Special Stratocaster, 2013 Gibson LPJ