It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: 8502 Tele value ?????
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Tele-people:

I have a 2007 white/blonde 8502 tele I picked up a couple of years ago, hardly played at all. I am a strat player and think I am going to sell the tele....and idea on what I should get?

I know that there seems to a following for this model.

Thx,

Jeff

Post subject: Re: 8502 Tele value ?????
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:47 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

In my research, they are pretty rare. But you also gotta find a buyer for one. I've never played one personally, but I've heard they are pretty great. A common price for one in that condition would be around $1000. So maybe price it high and see what you can get if you advertise it for $1300 or something.

ORRR you could send it to me for free :D

Post subject: Re: 8502 Tele value ?????
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:54 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I own a 2006 model 8502 (2 tone sunburst) and absolutely love it. Great guitar, can play any style you like. The pickups are a bit less edgy than some other Teles, but that's part of the charm.
This model was positioned over the Deluxe, but under the Custom Shop varieties. Beautiful ash bodies. As reference, these retailed new in 2006 for around $1600 USD. I bought mine used, so can't say what street price might have been when new.
I will say that I searched high and low for one, and those I considered ranged from $600 to over $1000, all of these being in almost showroom shape. I spent $900 for one you could sell as brand new; and that's about what you might expect, based on the sale prices I've seen. Truly doubt you can sell for much over that.
The problem is that these flew under the radar, they weren't distinguishable (easily). BTW, it's also known as the American Series Ash Telecaster. Can you see why people might be confused?
If you do market yours make sure you specify that it is an 8502, and show pics of the bridge p'up (white windings), head stock (round string tree), and black neck dots, since those are the obvious characteristics.

Good luck; it's too bad you didn't bond with this as I have mine.