One thing you will find with Fender is that the one constant is change. Going from memory here - I think I can give you a pretty complete listing of the USA models. I'm not sure about the Made in Mexico, Made in Japan, and any other models under the Fender name in 1996.
Here goes for the USA models:
American Standard family (all have 22-fret necks, 2-post trems, hardtail is available on some):
1. American Standard Strat
2. Roadhouse Strat (an American Standard with Texas Special pickups)
3. Lone Star Strat (an HSS American Standard with two Texas Specials and a Duncan Pearly Gates + humbucker)
4. Big Apple Strat (an American Standard with 2 Duncan humbuckers - a '59 and the Pearly Gates +)
"Plus" Family (all have roller nuts and locking tuners):
5. Strat Plus (gold label Lace Sensors, regular American Standard trem, tremsetter)
5. Strat Plus Deluxe (blue, silver and red label Lace Sensors, "Fender/Floyd Rose" trem with locking saddles, ash veneers front and back)
6. Strat Ultra (blue, gold, and dual red label Lace Sensors - "Dual" is two Laces together in a humbucker configuration, "Fender/Floyd Rose" bridge, figured maple veneers front and back, ebony fingerboard only)
7. Floyd Rose Classic - a USA Strat with the Original Floyd Rose trem, available in HSS and HH pickup configurations - should still be Dimarzio humbuckers (PAF Pros I think).
8. Eric Clapton Strat - would have 3 gold label Lace Sensors at this point in time, has active mid-boost, V-shaped neck, blocked vintage trem, maple fingerboard only
9. Yngwie Malmsteen Strat - would have a 22-fret neck, 2-post trem, DiMarzio pickups, scalloped neck, small headstock, maple or rosewood fingerboard
10. Jeff Beck Strat - would have 4 gold label Lace Sensors (it would have 2 in the bridge position like a humbucker), pushbutton to split the 2 Laces at the bridge, 2-post trem, roller nut, locking tuners, should still be the very fat neck with rosewood fingerboard only
11. Stevie Ray Vaughan Strat - reissue-style strat with medium-thick neck, pau ferro fingerboard, Texas Special pickups, left-handed vintage trem, gold hardware, sunburst only
12. Richie Sambora Strat - 22-frets, Original Floyd Rose trem, HSS pickups with a Dimarzio humbucker, mid-boost (half the output of the Clapton with a pushbutton to turn it on and off), star inlays
USA Reissue Series:
13. USA '57 Reissue Strat - maple fingerboard only, 21 vintage (i.e. small) frets, vintage 6-screw trem. By 1996 the neck could be a bit more "V" than in previous years, but they didnt' get to the vintage small V shape until 1998.
14. USA '62 Reissue Strat - rosewood fingerboard only, 21 vintage (i.e. small) frets, vintage 6-screw trem.
I think that's all the USAs (not counting custom shop). There were probably anywhere from 5-10 MIM models by then as well.