It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Aged White Pearl Pickguard..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:15 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I'm considering a white pearl pickguard for my surf-style tribute Strat (orange flake body). Yeah, way over the top, I know but that seems to be the style for some surf guitars... I have a plain white pickguard now so I haven't decided for sure.

Anyway, I'm interested in the aged white pearl if it is aged kinda toward the cream color, like aged white pickup covers. But, I can't tell from online pictures if that's what the aged white is like on the pearl pickguard. And, I can't find one at any of the local stores around here. Anyone know how the aged white pearl looks compared to just white pearl?...

Post subject: Re: Aged White Pearl Pickguard..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:42 am 
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

I have some ideas for you, OG.

PM sent.

Arjay

"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:43 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

oldguy101 wrote:
I'm considering a white pearl pickguard for my surf-style tribute Strat (orange flake body). Yeah, way over the top, I know but that seems to be the style for some surf guitars... I have a plain white pickguard now so I haven't decided for sure.

Anyway, I'm interested in the aged white pearl if it is aged kinda toward the cream color, like aged white pickup covers. But, I can't tell from online pictures if that's what the aged white is like on the pearl pickguard. And, I can't find one at any of the local stores around here. Anyone know how the aged white pearl looks compared to just white pearl?...

I was looking for just the opposite, this week. I wanted a bright white pearl pick guard for my MIM stratocaster. It ended up looking nothing like the photos the web sites had posted. As another poster stated to me, sometimes pick guards are a crapshoot. Anyway, good luck finding what you are looking for.

This is what I was expecting from the stock photo online:

AND this is what I ended up with:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:24 am 
Amateur
Amateur

truebluefliplover wrote:
oldguy101 wrote:

I was looking for just the opposite, this week. I wanted a bright white pearl pick guard for my MIM stratocaster. It ended up looking nothing like the photos the web sites had posted. As another poster stated to me, sometimes pick guards are a crapshoot. Anyway, good luck finding what you are looking for.

This is what I was expecting from the stock photo online:

AND this is what I ended up with:

Bro I got mine from http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/guitar_index.htm
The one on the left has been through a lot. They are both genuine Fender pick guards. I hope this helps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:52 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

One thing to consider is that depending on what company makes the pick guard, you might have trouble lining the screws up. I got one from All Parts and it was pretty well aligned.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:03 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Buy a white one and if its not creamy/vintage white enough for you. Soak it in Coffee... That actually works quite well... Helps age white plastic. If you want you hard ware to appear old and worn, soak them in salt water, just be sure to clean the parts that can't be rusty, like the saddles where they touch the strings....

facebook.com/313DBC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:12 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Detroit, love your quote on your signature man.

And just for the record, "I woke up this morning..."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:55 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm gonna start with a Fender aged white pearl pickguard (with aged white p/u covers and knobs) and see it looks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:17 am 
Roadie
Roadie

Here is my midnite wine with the aged pearl

2008 Fender MIM Stratocaster
2010 Epiphone Masterbilt
2009 Fender Super Champ XD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:27 am 
Rock Star
Rock Star

oldguy101 wrote:

Anyway, I'm interested in the aged white pearl if it is aged kinda toward the cream color, like aged white pickup covers. ..

Put your white pickup cover and knob in a cup of tea. This is well know to aged color.

I have a original aged white pickups cover and knobs on my 1999 Deluxe American Strat and after couple years they came white !!!!! Yes no more aged, they come like new white parts.

I write to Fender to tell us and they said nothing to do with that.
Fake agerd plastic come new when they came older , Very funny.