Hi zzrsteve, welcome to the Forum.
As it happens, we have a noted member of the Forum, Mr alainlafrance, who is a big expert on all things Hank Marvin related. A couple of years ago there was a thread on this subject and Alain posted very informatively. I'll copy what he wrote for you:
1)The first one was a prototype made by the CS at the request of Arbiter according to the specs of HBM.
After some months, without any news from HBM, Arbiter gave the green light to the CS to build a first batch of 25.
Then HBM woke up and said no: Arbiter recalled all to retrofit them but 5 escaped So I own one of these "survivors".
2) In 1992 The HBM CS Signature Strat appeared : about 140 made. I had one I sold because of the deceiving sound
3) in 1995 the CS Scratch Autograph (they had two pickguards, one signed by HBM) HBM Strat appeared : 200 made. I still have one
4) in 1998 the CS 40th Anniversary HBM Strat appeared: 40 units, retrofitted by Arbiter with a led decorated neck
5) in 2008 Oasis Music (Arbiter is now out of the picture with Fender which has its own UK Office) tried to sell a 50th Anniversary HBM Strat , a batch of 25 but I haven't heard about them since last year; the one too many
6) Fender Japan issued an HBM Squier in 1992 : about 1500 were made; then two additional batches of 500
7) in 2000 a limited batch of HBM Strats MIM was released: about 200; they were delivered with an additional tremolo bar : the EasyMute. I had one which I sold after retrofitting it with Kinman pick ups.
As of today, that's all, as far as I know.
But each new series is depreciating the ones before: Limited + Limited+ Limited ..etc = Unlimited with all the resale consequences.
Greed Kills. Specially as the Market Target is very narrow: Old European Shadows Fans and Japanese ones. Most of the Shadows Fans can only afford one at best. Roughly an HBM CS Strat still fetches about US$ 7000
I hope it helps
Does that partially answer you question? If you want to read more, have a glance at this thread:viewtopic.php?t=17576
Cheers - C
PS - Has anyone noticed; the search facility on this Forum suddenly only goes back as far as the new website makeover? I had to hunt down the above info by... other methods.