It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Mustang I or I V2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:39 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello !

i'm new here and a very beginner on my E-Guitar (Fender Squier Statocaster Mac), but learning makes a lot of fun. My very bad sounding :evil: Soundking Amp AK20-RA must be replaced. So I'm very interested in the Mustang I. I can get the old Mustang I for 99,- € oder the I/V2 for 135,- €. What is the difference and which one should i take ? :?

Post subject: Re: Mustang I or I V2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:37 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

With the V.2 you get like 4 extra amp models and 4 or 5 new effects. There's been some discussion (that centers around the Mustang III) that the DSP chip may have had some kind of redesign, and that the modeling sounds a little better on the V.2. So I guess you have to decided if that's worth it to you. But for the price, the Mustang I V.1 is probably still the best little practice amp on the market no matter how you look at it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:08 am 
Roadie
Roadie

I actually tried a V2 out, and they really do sound better. ** I tried out the V3 only** Me being me, I'd get the V2 just for the extra amps. The British Watts in particular really does it for me!

For $99 quid, you really can't go wrong. There's nothing wrong with the V1, and it sounds great.

So, the only real question is: are the new amp models and fx worth an extra 36 bucks- plus shipping (and the wait) to YOU?

The V2 will probably be worth more in resale/trade value if/when you decide to upgrade to a larger model.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:23 am 
Amateur
Amateur

All the correct arguments have been made. If to you the price difference is significant, you can by all means go with the V1, it's perfectly good enough. If you can easily afford it, go with the V2, if nothing else for updates and resale-ability.