It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fuse Mustang Presets, Search by amp model?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:16 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

This is probably a daft question sorry, but I can't see how to search Presets (or display popular Presets) by the modelled amp that it uses.

So, for example if I wanted to search for popular Presets, but only those that use the "British 60s" amp modelled on the Mustang, is there a way to do that?
If I enter that in the search box then it searches for that in the title I think?

For me it would be useful. So useful that I'm thinking that it can be done and I'm being stupid not seeing the button for it. (Sorry if this is the case).

Also, it would be nice if the information shown about the Preset included a summary of gain, tone, amp modelled and effects used. Is that a silly idea?

Thanks everyone. :)

Post subject: Re: Fuse Mustang Presets, Search by amp model?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:22 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Quote:
search Presets (or display popular Presets) by the modelled amp

I don't believe this is possible. I agree it would be a useful thing to be able to do.

Quote:
it would be nice if the information shown about the Preset included a summary of gain, tone, amp modelled and effects used

This has been discussed in this forum before (I don't have a direct link to the topic, sorry, you'll have to search for it) and already requested of Fender.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:15 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

If you open the preset file (xxx.fuse) in Windows notepad (or similar) is there anything contained in file that would indicate what amp is used??

There is a line under <Amplifier> that reads something like <Module ID="124" POS="0" BypassState="1">

Does the "Module ID" refer to a specific amp??

Does anybody know?

rob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:10 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

What are you trying to do? I have a spreadsheet containing all the stock pre-sets on the Mustang Floor, with columns for pre-set number, pre-set name, amp model, stomp, modulation, delay and reverrb. In Excel, you can sort on any column/s and get the order that you want. I'd be happy to email it to you if you PM me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:52 pm 
Fender Staff

Hi tbaac,

We will be happy to assist. Thank you for your feedback. We would like to make you aware of a section on the Forum where you can leave feedback for future Fender FUSE Feature requests. I will attach that link below along with another link with information relating to the Fender Mustangs FX's and Amp modelling. Please let us know if we can assist further.

Fender Feedback:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=73425

Preset List for Mustang™ III, IV, and V Amplifiers:
http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... amplifiers

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:45 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

Hey, tbaac--

If your query is silly, or "daft", then there are an awful lot of silly Mustang users!

If I understand your question correctly, you would like a listing of Mustang presets, with the parameters they use? If so, there is such a list at:

http://support.fender.com/manuals/guita ... t_List.pdf

For each preset it shows the preset number (0-99), preset name ("Super-Live Album", etc.), amplifier modeling ("Brit '80's", etc.), followed by the type of stomp, mod, delay, and reverb used, if any. You can then dial up the preset and read the exact settings off the Mustang's display or on FUSE. And that's when the fun begins!

I printed out the list and use it when I'm looking for a specific combination of effects, regardless of the name of the preset. I'm sure the engineers must have had loads of fun dreaming up those names--most are straightforward, but some are pretty clever!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:10 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I don't believe the search function has that option. The quality of the search also depends on the quality of information provided by the author. I always try to have a very clear title, add multiple tags, and a thorough description. If everybody would take that extra 2 minutes to do that when they upload presets we'd have a much better community. I give people at least 4 stars when they do that just to encourage it.