It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fender Mustang 1: USB device not recognized
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hello all,

I have been trying at this for hours now and I cannot find a solution. I am trying to connect my Mustang 1 to my Windows 7 64 bit computer so that I can record. I installed the AISO driver. When I connect the USB cable from the amp to my computer and power on the amp, all I get is a USB device not recognized...I have tried everything and am desperate. Please help me!!!

Post subject: Re: Fender Mustang 1: USB device not recognized
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 am 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

kingneptune117 wrote:
Hello all,

I have been trying at this for hours now and I cannot find a solution. I am trying to connect my Mustang 1 to my Windows 7 64 bit computer so that I can record. I installed the AISO driver. When I connect the USB cable from the amp to my computer and power on the amp, all I get is a USB device not recognized...I have tried everything and am desperate. Please help me!!!

I'm not sure about this but..........did you install the Fuse software?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:43 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Quote:
all I get is a USB device not recognized

This doesn't surprise me, based on the information given. The ASIO driver works completely independently from Windows, for good reasons described elsewhere. So Windows won't recognise the device, at least not based on the ASIO driver alone - which is the only thing you say you've installed.

You need to install and run a recording application that does use ASIO drivers, then that will recognise your amp (I assume you're not doing this, as you don't mention any such apps). You could use Ableton that came with your amp, or a freeware tool like Audacity, or other commercial tools - I'm not familiar with any of those, but others in this forum report using them successfully.

The Fender support website includes articles that describe in detail how to setup ASIO and Ableton to work together. Suggest you try that in the first instance. Note there is some setup needed within Ableton (or any other app) to configure the ASIO drivers correctly - you can't do this from any Windows O/S tools.

Quote:
did you install the Fuse software?

I agree with this, you should also install FUSE. That will install the Windows drivers (solving the "USB device not recognised" problem), and will allow you to control / configure your amp from the PC. That opens-up lots of additional settings you can't access on the amp itself. You can also record sound using the FUSE USB drivers, but this isn't usually the best way due to latency and other issues - hence why most people use and recommend the ASIO driver and dedicated apps that use it.

If you do want to record using the FUSE USB driver (rather than ASIO), you'll need to go to Control Panel - Sounds - Recording and make sure that "Show Disabled Devices" is selected. Otherwise your amp won't appear as a recording device. Plus of course you'll need a recording app that can use the Windows drivers rather than the ASIO ones.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 am 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

if it still doesn't work after all that, try a different USB port. If it's plugged in the front of the computer, try a USB port in the back, or vice versa....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 pm 
Fender Staff

Hi kingneptune117,

We will be happy to assist. Please go ahead and contact us directly at tsl@fender.com and include your name and forum post so we can assist further. Thanks

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:11 am 
Amateur
Amateur

I have tried so far with 3 different laptops. It only worked with a Compaq laptop that I borrowed but has pretty bad latency. My last HP laptop had "!" next to MUSTANG AMP in the control panel. Same thing happened with my brand new SAMSUNG laptop. I would suggest that it only works with certain computers and ATM there is not much you can do. I may look into the specs and figure out which laptops are not compatible. If for some reason you do get it working let me know!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 am 
Fender Staff

Hi everyone,

If you are experiencing issue with your computer not recognizing your Fender Mustang device, I would recommend you follow the steps below to see if it helps resolve the issue you are seeing.

HID Device Driver uninstall (Windows)
It sounds like there may be a device driver conflict. The Fender G-DEC 3/Mustang amps are plug and play devices meaning that the drivers they uses are a standard Windows OS driver. In this case, it sounds like there may be another driver that is causing a conflict and not allowing the HID (plug and play)drivers to function normally. We would suggest uninstalling the drivers for the amp. You will need to have the amplifier connected in order to perform this uninstall. There are (3) drivers that you will need to uninstall within the Device Manager (Start/Control Panel/System and Security/System/Device Manager).The first will be in the HID (Human Interface Device) section of Device Manager. The second will be in the Sound, Video and game Controllers. This is image 2 below. The third is in Universal Serial Bus Controllers. This is image 3 below. These drivers will contain the Hardware ID shown below (right click to open Properties. Then click the Details tab. Then select Hardware IDs from the pulldown list under Properties). Once you have done this, you can close the window. Then right click on the same device and select uninstall. Once you have completed the uninstall, please disconnect the USB cable from the amp and then reconnect it. This should force the PC to re-install the drivers for the amp. If this step does not work, please let us know if we can assist further.

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

I have tried that before with out success. If it works for the OP I would love a reply.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 pm 
Fender Staff

Hi somethingelse11,

Another step we would suggest is to try and install our latest Beta Release of Fender FUSE. It is in its final stages of testing and has undergone extensive testing. Please let us know if this helps solve the issue you are seeing and if we can assist further. Thanks.

= Release Notes 2.6.1.35 =

=== Enhancements: ===
* Updated firmware to current version for update device with 'Bundled' selected in Fender FUSE.
* When no device is connected and the product selected is Fender Super Champ X2, the device mode will always be "channel 2" now.
* HID API connectivity update, improving connectivity and speed with Fender FUSE on Mac and Windows and improved connectivity when entering/exiting USB Drive/mass storage mode (Fender G-DEC 3).

=== Bug Fixes: ===
* Fixed backup and restore issues on Mac.
* Fixed issue where Presets with like assigned amp models were not displaying amp channel settings correctly when selected (i.e. 00-01-02 with same model selected).
* FUSELauncher issue corrected.
* Current Cabinet Simulation (Cab Sim) display update issue corrected.

Fender FUSE 2.6.1.35 Windows:
http://wpc.077D.edgecastcdn.net/00077D/ ... 6.1.35.exe

Fender FUSE 2.6.1.35 Mac:
http://wpc.077D.edgecastcdn.net/00077D/ ... 6.1.35.dmg

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:50 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

Your link 404'ed.

I currently am using FUSE 2.6.0.25

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:48 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Agree the Fender links above are broken. But a quick search of this forum using the info above finds another post containing them:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=73607

Also its pretty trivial to work out from the Fender post above and a glance at the 2.6.0.25 link on fuse.fender.com to work out that the correct link is:

http://wpc.077d.edgecastcdn.net/00077D/ ... 6.1.35.exe

(Just change "0.25" in the link on fuse.fender.com to "1.35")

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:51 am 
Fender Staff

Hi scott-uk,

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We will look into it. You should find the correct link inside the following forum post, and please let us know the new Beta Release helps resolve the issue you are seeing. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=73607

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:01 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

OK that link worked and I downloaded it. It didn't manage to test it out yet but I'll get to it eventually. Fender FUSE is not the problem I'm having. I can use FUSE but I can't use the Mustang amplifier to record to my Samsung laptop. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit Operating System. A "!" is shown in the Device Manager next to "Mustang Amp.". It is located under "Other Devices". If says, "Can not install driver".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:45 pm 
Fender Staff

Hi somethingelse11,

Thanks for that information. In order for your computer to recognize your Fender Mustang III amp as an Input device, you need to install our ASIO driver. Please see link below and let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Fender Universal ASIO driver:
http://support.fender.com/software/3rdp ... F_Win7.exe

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

It says "Driver not found".