It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: bypass my mustang to use amplitube le
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:22 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I dont know how to use amplitube and my mustang III just like a usb audio interface only...without amp mod etc.. please some advise.. sorry for my english i hope you understand me.. :oops: :D

Post subject: Re: bypass my mustang to use amplitube le
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:59 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I can only tell you how to do it with Windows. This also assumes you've installed both Fender Amplitube LE -AND- the Fender Universal ASIO driver.

1. Plug your amp into your computer via the USB cable.
2. Kill the Master Volume on your Mustang series Amplifier.
3. Start the Fender Amplitube LE software.
4. Enter Settings > Audio Setup.
5. Make sure the interface looks like this:
ASIO \/
Input audio interface [ Fender Universal ASIO ]
Input channel [ Mustang Amplifier 1 ]
Output audio interface [ Fender Universal ASIO ]
Left output channel [ HD Audio output 1 ] (or any output that works for your PC)
Right output channel [ HD Audio output 2 ] (Again, or any that works for you)

6. Click OK.
7. Close and re-open Fender Amplitube LE.

NOTE: It's helpful to have Fender FUSE open in the background as well, as no matter what you set Aplitube as, you will only get the Mustang's setup comming through (amps, stomp boxes, everything). So find a fairly clean channel amp, go into Advanced settings and TURN OFF the Cabinet settings (cleans up the signal), then you should be good to go.

The Fender Amplitube LE software runs the amp models OVER the incomming signal from your Mustang. This means that if you "switch off" the amp model in Amplitube, you'll still hear guitar sounds, but at a slightly lower volume and at the Mustang's originally set state (this is why you need Fender FUSE open).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:53 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

thanks dude!!! for take time to help me, im gonna try this tomorow night when i get home!! and i comment if works for me.. but really thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:37 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Just another note for you to be sure.

If, when you go to select the Mustang Amplifier as your imput, you DON'T see it there, DO NOT PANIC (like I almost did the first time).

In the same "Audio Setup" window, look near the bottom at Sample rate and Buffer size. There is a button labeled "Panel..." Click on it.

The window that pops up will show EVERY audio device currently installed on your system. A lot of times, the Mustang amp is "disabled." If it doesn't show up here, go into Windows's Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices. Go to the Recording tab. See your Mustang Amp input? It may say "Disabled." Just go into Properties and enable it. Then OK out of everything.

Restart Amplitube.

Go back into Amplitube's Audio Setup, then the Panel... And TURN ON the Mustang Amp.

Restart Amplitube. (Recurring motif, anyone?)

You should now be able to select the Mustang Amplifier as your input. Once you close the Audio Setup window, you should be able to hear sound from your guitar. A slight delay (~0.1 seconds) between your strum and the sound on the PC is normal.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 am 
Fender Staff

Very detailed instructions FFXIhealer. Thanks for laying it all out.

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:53 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

If you're still looking for a way to use Amplitube Fender LE without all the AMP models and effects from your Mustang, I have an idea (an $80 idea) that will do that for you, as well as net you a great piece of software.

Go to GameStop and pick up Rocksmith. LOL

I just got it yesterday. It comes with a 1/4" jack -> USB cable that installed perfectly on my PC (Windows 7 x64) and uses the Fender ASIO flawlessly...without the extra hiss/delay every 7-8 minutes. It gives you a perfectly clean guitar tone for Amplitube to model its own amps with.

Because of this, I went and downloaded Amplitube 3.7 Free from the IX website, then DEMOed a few Orange and Mustang amps from the Custom Shop. VERY good amp models, and the Amplitube 3.7 detected the 3 Fender amps that came packaged with Amplitube Fender LE, so I can use them there as well. Demos only last for 48 hours, but they're also only around ~$20-$25 to purchase.

About Rocksmith, it's a great game that is a bit annoying at first (as it assumes everyone's a complete noob about guitars first), but gets interesting very quickly. It comes with lots of games and exercises to practice techniques that I'm finding useful. I've only been playing for ~15 months, so I consider myself a guitar noob. Very helpful as a practice tool. Plus, I can play Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alabama. How awesome is that?

Just thought I'd post this and let you (and everyone else) know.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:47 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

FFX, I wanted to know more about the rocksmith usb cable.I recently bought off ebay a similar usb guitar cable.And it lags something like 25ms between notes so it sucks.But the good thing about it is that I get guitar sound from my laptop speakers.Do you acheive that with the rocksmith cable?And you claim it works perfectly for you??I have a similar specs as you computer wise fyi so any info will be helpful.As I saw a rocksmith cable go for like $50.Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:38 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

You might be using a DirectX interface instead of an ASIO. An ASIO bypasses any operating system protocols and interacts directly with your sound card hardware. This helps minimize or bypass any of that latency you're experiencing. Of course, there will be SOME, but not nearly as much.

I've been using this for a week now. I just picked up a set of Sony monitoring headphones at the local music store and they're awesome, so awesome that I can now use Amplitube on my netbook (very crappy, little speakers) and it sound pretty good.

Now that I have the headphones, I HAVE noticed a very tiny latency on the netbook, but not anywhere near as bad as when using the Mustang amp or playing Rocksmith on the PS3 (has very noticeable audio latency using HDMI on my HDTV). I didn't really hear this on my big desktop PC (probably because the entire system is tons more powerful than a small netbook).

You can use the Fender Universal ASIO that comes with the Mustang amplifiers on the CD, but you can also find ASIO4ALL on the internet. They both do pretty much the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:14 am 
Amateur
Amateur

Thanks for the info. I was looking today and I found out that rocksmith will be for the pc so i preordered it.Seems pretty fun and songs decent as well.Also, I believe there was a problem with the cable as I did more research a company called hosa makes them and other pc users have had similar problems as me.By the way, is amplitube the only software that this cable can work with? I've downloaded amplitube 3 (free version) and my god they nickel and dime you to death.You cant buy single tones from my exp you can only buy pedals and you have to search or buy a collection of pedals to achieve a tone.I may just be inexpirienced with it but comeon.And supposively this was to have some free tones included but i could not find where. Well, I will not get rs until mid december so please inform me if you find out more about this interesting cable.All the best!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Amplitube is only one piece of software that does the same thing as they all do: they modify the incomming audio signal so that it sounds like something else. You can try Guitar Rig, ReValver, XT, or if you run a Mac, Garage Band. It's the ASIO you need to concern yourself with. I was just playing on my netbook and noticed a lag while using the Fender Universal ASIO. So I downloaded and switched to ASIO4ALL and the latency is not noticeable anymore.

About Amplitube 3.7 FREE, you haven't clicked on the top right button: Custom Shop.

In the Custom Shop, you can "purchase" individual amp models, individual speaker cabinet models, pedals, rack effects, microphones, etc, all for use within Amplitube. I put $100 in to get 125 credits and spent 25 to get the Orange Rockerverb 50 and the Orange PPC 212 CB. A few days later, they started a special. Their 20-credit amps are now 11-credits until NOV 22nd, so I got the Thunderverb 200 and the PPC 412 cabinet, all for 16 credits.

The free amp models that come with Amplitube 3.7 FREE are:
- American Tube Clean 1 (Based on Fender SuperReverb)
- American Tube Clean 2 (Based on Fender Deluxe Reverb)
- British Tube Lead 1 (Based on Marshall JCM800)
- Solid State Bass Preamp

The free speaker cabinets that come with Amplitube 3.7 FREE are:
- 1x12 Open Vintage (Based on Fender Deluxe 65 1x12")
- 1x15 Bass Vintage (Based on Ampeg B15 1x15")
- 2x12 Closed Vintage (Based on Marshall 2x12")
- 4x10 Open Vintage (Based on Fender SuperReverb 4x10")
- 4x12 Closed Vintage 1 (Based on Marshall 4x12")

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

wow, thanks for the info you the man!! So it seems amplitube is better than the rest is what I guess I was trying to say.I may put some money in it if it is. I play proggresive style rock so i like my reverb and wah pedals.Anything marshall stack sounding!!!And I know it has it and quite a bit of it all.I just hope you do not lose your purchases to future versions.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:46 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hey thanks FFXIhealer, it solved not only my pb with amplitube but also with audacity.

--
I don't know what changed, but I'm now not able to make it run without disabling windows sounds :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:56 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

The ASIO driver that runs the guitar input through the cable lets the program (in this case, AmpliTube) take over complete control of the sound card, completely bypassing the OS's control and, therefore, any other OS sounds.

The REASON it does this is to reduce the latency from what you strum/pick and what you hear. If you went into the signal flow for AmpliTube WITHOUT the ASIO, it would look something like this:

Guitar -> Input -> SoundCard -> Windows -> AmpliTube -> Windows -> SoundCard -> Output -> Speakers

Using ASIO, it changes to look like this:

Guitar -> Input -> SoundCard -> AmpliTube -> SoundCard -> Output -> Speakers.

Without Windows in the middle, there's less latency (delay between what you do and what you hear). You also get a clearer model using AmpliTube.

This is perfectly normal behavior while using an ASIO driver.

Last edited by FFXIhealer on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:35 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

FFXIhealer wrote:
This is perfectly normal behavior while using an ASIO driver.

Actually, I was not clear. My problem is that I have now to manually switch off and on the windows sound service, which is a bit annoying. But thanks a lot for your help.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:20 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Yeah, that's actually NOT normal behavior. What OS are you running? XP, Vista, or 7?