It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Best presets
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:49 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Just bought my MIII yesterday. I can't stop messing with it. I love it. I thought I would start a little poll about what the best presets are.

What are the best presets for:
Clean
Classic rock
Hard rock
Metal
User created

Post subject: Re: Best presets
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:24 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

mjbass13 wrote:
Just bought my MIII yesterday. I can't stop messing with it. I love it. I thought I would start a little poll about what the best presets are.

What are the best presets for:
Clean
Classic rock
Hard rock
Metal
User created

It's too bad that nobody replied to your thread. This would be a great thread for people to compare favorite presets!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:14 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

I am still playing with it and finding all kinds of things. No favorites for me.......yet. :D

I'll post here if something comes up.
There was a cool 12 string simulation preset that sounded pretty good online here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:49 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

For leads: #25 Fusion Lead (Super-Sonic model)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:25 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I'm having the same difficulty. I just bought a Mustang V and it seems like the 100 presets are basically about a dozen or so different sounds with different names. I am slowly finding a few that I like. I would really like to find some presets that mimic Hair of the Dog by Nazareth and the Slash's intro to Sweet Child of Mine. Can anyone help? Thanx!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

bronchus60, what guitars have you plugged into it? I find a wide range of sounds in the factory presets, although the real fun begins when you start programming your own. Just wondering what equipment you're using with your Mustang....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

i set my own presets.. i dont like some of the presets in fuse.com
but my favorite models are
Clean
-'57 deluxe
-'65 twin reverb
Overdrive
-British 80's and 60's
Distortion
-American 90's
-Metal 2000's

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:13 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thank you, Strings. I'm playing a 1991 American Standard Strat with Lace Sensors. Don't know if those pickups have anything to do with the sound or not. I've never seen any bad press on those sensors, but this guitar never has had that classic stratocaster sound that I love so well. Thought maybe this new amp would help, but still can't seem to lock on to that tone. Stevie Ray, Hendrix, Pearljam, Chili Peppers... all have it, but I can't seem to find it. lol Makes me wonder why Fender DC'd those sensors and went back to the six-button kind. I tried playing around with the presets a little, but I'm afraid I will mess it up and never get it back to original if I get too adventurous. I am totally green when it comes to electric guitars. Been playing acoustics for 40 years. This Strat has been in the case essentially, since I bought it in '91. Thanx!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Hey bronchus60, try this...

57 deluxe
gain around 5
bass, mids, treb, all around 7 or 8
overdrive pedal in front, adjust to desired crunch level
sine chorous in the rack, turn the level down so its just enough to add ambience. Not really to hear the effect.
reverb in the rack, adjust to desired effect, or turn it off/on as desired
sag all the way to the left

Set your guitar's volume knob to 10 and adjust the amount of gain/overdrive to the max that you care to play with. From there you can roll down your volume knob to clean it up. Also remember, neck pup for that sweet bluesy tone, bridge pup for more crunchy rock tone. And experiment with other combinations.

See if that gets you close to the strat tone your looking for.

Also, I've found that if I just want to plug in and play and not be bothered with tweaking. I go straight to the factoy preset called "British Steel". I forget what number but its within the first 10 if you haven't replaced any presets. I love this preset with my strat. It works well with a many styles of hard rock, classic rock, & blues. Again, using the guitar volume knob, I get plenty o crunch at 10 and it cleans up real pretty when I roll it off.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have had my MIII for about 3 weeks and love it. 3 Classic or Blues Rock presets I always seem to gravitate to are:

16 Dirty Deluxe
19 Mike of A.A.R. 1
24 Aussie Rock

I am using a Les Paul Studio with humbuckers. It sounds great through this amp and especially on those 3 settings. I am a little different in that I tend to turn off the reverb on those settings. I love the sound the amp gets without it. I have used the USB connection to record all 3 of these presets into GarageBand with really good results.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thank you for those settings, Scorpaeon. I applied them as best I could and I love the tone! I'm pretty sure that's the sound I've been looking for. If not it's damn close and sounds beautiful! You said turn the "sag all the way to the left." What is sag? I didn't understand that one. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

bronchus60 wrote:
Thank you for those settings, Scorpaeon. I applied them as best I could and I love the tone! I'm pretty sure that's the sound I've been looking for. If not it's damn close and sounds beautiful! You said turn the "sag all the way to the left." What is sag? I didn't understand that one. Thanks again!

No problem. I've spent many, many hours chasing after a good SRV tone. That's as close as I've gotten. But its really just a good all around blues/classic rock tone. Now if I could only play like SRV...

If you click on the Advance Amp tab you will see the Sag and Bias control. By adjusting those you can control the characteristics of the emulated tubes of the amp (you can do a search if you need more explaination). I like to set the Sag all the way left, or Less I believe it is. To me, this makes the tone sound a little punchier, which I like. It's kinda like adding a compressor to the efects chain, but since the software doesn't allow to have a compressor and an overdrive together, its kind of a work around. You should go ahead and play around with the advanced amp features and see if something floats your boat.
And while your at it try changing the cab emulation for even more variation. I kinda like how the champ cab sounds with the 57 deluxe amp. Makes it darker, but sounds cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:40 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Uh oh. Someone else looking for Sl00sh Toanz. Well, since I've had this discussion hundreds of times in other forums, here's what we've distilled it down to:

First, you need the hat. You can't have Sl00sh Toanz without the crazy top hat. This is essential to getting the Sl00sh Toanz. You can pick up a facsimile at your local Halloween costume store.

Second, you gotta have a nose ring. Without it, you can't pick up the ambient resonance frequencies through your nose. You gotta have that nose ring.

Third, you need the aviator shades, because no one will care if you have Sl00sh Toanz if they can see into your heavily-stoned eyes.

Then on top of all of that, you need a $3,000 Slash Signature Gibson Les Paul.

You need the 11mm thick picks, the ones that are so thick you could pick up a Chevy truck with 'em. How else are you gonna pluck those...

.11 gauge strings he uses on his Les Paul? Yup, you heard right. Sl00sh uses .11s. Most likely Ernie Balls.

Then you gotta go pick up a Marshall AFD100 and a 1960AV cabinet for it. The AFD100 is around $2,300 new and the 1960AV cabinet will run you $1,100.

You got all of that? We want you to have the most authentic Sl00sh Toanz possible. But you'll never get the toanz without the hat.

You gotta have the hat.

...hat.

Marshall Lead 12 3005 MS
Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Gibson SG Faded Special
Fender American Special Stratocaster
Hagstrom Ultra-Swede
Custom Warmoth Strat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Scorpaeon wrote:
bronchus60 wrote:

No problem. I've spent many, many hours chasing after a good SRV tone. That's as close as I've gotten. But its really just a good all around blues/classic rock tone. Now if I could only play like SRV...

If you click on the Advance Amp tab you will see the Sag and Bias control. By adjusting those you can control the characteristics of the emulated tubes of the amp (you can do a search if you need more explaination). I like to set the Sag all the way left, or Less I believe it is. To me, this makes the tone sound a little punchier, which I like. It's kinda like adding a compressor to the efects chain, but since the software doesn't allow to have a compressor and an overdrive together, its kind of a work around. You should go ahead and play around with the advanced amp features and see if something floats your boat.
And while your at it try changing the cab emulation for even more variation. I kinda like how the champ cab sounds with the 57 deluxe amp. Makes it darker, but sounds cool.

Have you uploaded your preset? If not, can you upload it and give us the link?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:44 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

There's a good chilli's preset - I think it's 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' by Matt Bruckner
I have tweaked mine so not sure that's the one - it's based on Bassman amp - sounds better with a single coil guitar .. and needs the right playing style !