It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: A silly question about the Fender Mustang 1 amp!
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:23 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I purchased a Fender Mustang 1 amp from musiciansfriend.com, however the information provided didn't give me any insight with what actually comes with the amp, accessories and so forth. Could someone please elaborate and tell me what comes with the amp? Does it come with the USB cable? I read something that you have to request the footswitch on one site, another site says it comes with the switch....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Sarcophaus

Post subject: Re: A silly question about the Fender Mustang 1 amp!
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:27 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Hi, Sarcophagus.
The Mustang I comes with a USB cable, a very basic manual and the software CD - no foot switch. Don't know anything about requesting a foot switch. I just hacked an old Roland foot switch and stuck a mechanical DPDT switch in it.

O.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:34 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Unless you buy at Guitar Center like me. Then (according to GC) the M1 comes only with a CD and an explanation that only the M2 and above come with a usb cable. This is a lie of course, as Fender will confirm for you.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:43 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Snugdad,

You must have a bad GC. My G-DEC 3 came in the sealed box with everything it was supposed to have. That was at the South Bend, Indiana GC.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:44 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Yea that didn't instill much confidence in this GC for me. The amp was a floor model and I fully understood not getting it in a box. When I asked about a manual etc. the sales person said there as a manual, CD, usb cable, etc. but he'd have to look around in the back to find it (still ok with me). After a lengthy search and a hushed meeting among 3 or 4 employees, I was given the CD and the song and dance about M1 not coming with usb cables.

After seeing a post here I realized they had essentially "invented" the story since they apparently couldn't find the original packaging (I did check with Fender who verified what was supposed to be in the box). I did contact GC and was told they were looking into the issue but they've disappeared since then with no word.

I'm not really upset about a missing cable. I have several around the house and even if I didn't, they're cheap. What bothers me is that the employees of this store found it necessary to make up a lie over such a trivial thing. I'd be afraid to make a significant purchase from them after that.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:05 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

Sarcophagus wrote:
I purchased a Fender Mustang 1 amp from musiciansfriend.com, however the information provided didn't give me any insight with what actually comes with the amp, accessories and so forth. Could someone please elaborate and tell me what comes with the amp? Does it come with the USB cable? I read something that you have to request the footswitch on one site, another site says it comes with the switch....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Sarcophaus

The Mustang I does not come with a footswitch. The only one compatible with the Mustang I is a single button switch which cycles between two presets. It is $19.99 and more information can be found here...

http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... footswitch

Here is the link to it on Sweetwater...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... 9-4049-000

Fender CD280S NAT, Recording King RO-127
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster BSB
American Special/Highway One Telecaster hybrid Partscaster
Fender 60th Anv Am Std Telecaster, Natural/Rosewood
http://community.webshots.com/user/rjstaaf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:35 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Sarcophagus wrote:
The Mustang I does not come with a footswitch. The only one compatible with the Mustang I is a single button switch which cycles between two presets. It is $19.99 and more information can be found here...

http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... footswitch

Here is the link to it on Sweetwater...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... 9-4049-000

Got mine from GC a few weeks back. It was a brand new, unopened box. If you listen from :07 -:12 in the video linked above, the guy clearly says it's included on the I and II models, but it's not. Oh well, who knows long ago the vid was actually made. Maybe he was just talking out his $@! or Fender decided to make the little bit of extra $$ of off those that wanted it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:49 pm 
Fender Staff

Hey All,

The Mustang I and II do not include the footswitch. Both amps do include a DVD, USB cable, and a printed quick start guide. The MIII comes with a two button footswitch and the MIV and MV have a four button footswitch included.

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:44 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Does the Mustang III come with DVD, USB cable and a manual?

Cause I bought one last night and I didn't get anything with it but the footswitch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:03 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I just bought a Mustang 3 on Friday. It came with the 2 button foot switch, a power cable, a usb cable, and a package containing the DVD, manual and registration card.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:21 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Get the Free Ableton Live DAW and the IKMultimedia discs. Ableton live is awesome to use especially alone, for arranging before you even know your own song, and the IKMultimedia will get you into all sorts of the modeled Fender amps and pedals.

I view my M1 as a freebee ... I love the software!