It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Mustang I usb not recognized
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:14 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hey all just got a mustang I new, and installed Fuse, and all the other stuff the disk came with, but it is not recognizing my USB connection to the amp at all. I have used the newest Fuse software, even went back and used the older version, Nada.

suggestions, solutions?

thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Mustang I usb not recognized
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:09 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

First, read all the following, see if any of the troubleshooting steps suggested help:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=87100
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=85910
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=85355
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=83870
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=81708
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80806

If that doesn't help you fix it, then please post back here with exactly what you've done, and exactly what you see, in detail. The above topics should give you ample information on the sort of things you should be trying, what you're looking for, and what information other forum users are asking for to help solve your problem.

If you haven't already read the FUSE manual, it's here:
http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... on-manual/

Similarly your amp's advanced owners manual:
http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... s-manuals/

Finally, if none of the above help, you should contact Fender support directly, they're very good at sorting out this sort of problem for people.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:06 pm 
Fender Staff

Hi mallard17,

Firstly, another big thanks to scott-uk for chiming in here. And mallard17, please let us know how it is going, and if we can assist after you have checked out the support links and information that scott-uk has offered.

Best Regards,

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:11 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Scott-uk thanks for the input, but i have already attempted to do everything that the posted links you sent say to do.

Fuse runs without any issue other than it doesnt matter what cable i use, usb port on the computer i plug into, bottom left red "light" saying no amp connected.

i do not have a 2nd computer to try a differently.

it does not recognize that the amp is plugged into a USB when i goto my file manager to get to the C/D/E drives of my computer. but if i plug in a flash drive to any of the 3 ports it recognizes it, so i can eliminate my ports not working properly.
asked to show hidden devices and it still doesnt show up either.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:56 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I'm having the same problem. Purchased Mustang I, loaded Live 8 and ASIO. In setting up Live 8, I followed the instructions to the T. I have my Drive Type set at ASIO, and Fender Universal Asio as my Audio Devise. Problem is when I click on the Hardware Setup button there is only one choice listed and that is REALTEK High Definition Audio - no other options. I believe there should be an option for Fender or Mustang or USB, etc. I assume the one listed option (REALTEK) is not going to work. Any thoughts suggestions would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:24 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Two things.

You say your amp came with a disk... so it must be old stock, Fender no longer ship CDs with the amps, all the software is downloaded. This further implies it's probably quite an old version of FUSE on the disk. Older FUSE versions are known to have various USB issues. Strongly suggest you update to the latest FUSE version, which you can download from fuse.fender.com, before trying anything else.

The amp won't show up as a C/D/E drive. You'll only see it in Device Manager. It appears in three places, as described in the topics I linked to in an earlier reply. But unfortunately it may have a generic device name. So you may only spot it by seeing an extra device appear / disappear when you plug in / unplug the amp. That's the first place to start - where does it show up (or not) in Device Manager?

Quote:
(jeepdude1) I'm having the same problem

No, different problem. ASIO driver issues have nothing to do with FUSE and its drivers. Does your amp work with FUSE? Get that bit working first, then look at ASIO drivers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I have downloaded and currently have version 2.7.1 installed at the moment.
went through every section in device manager 1 by 1 and plugged in and unplugged the usb and nothing changed, even had show hidden enabled.
getting frustrated...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

OK, if nothing at all shows up in Device Manager, not even a bland "Unrecognised Device" then either the USB cable is faulty or the amp is faulty. (I'm taking it as read that your PC's USB ports aren't faulty as you've tested those with other devices).

Assuming you've also tested with different USB cables, then I suggest at this point you contact Fender directly - they may have some further tests you can do on the PC, or can help you troubleshoot a possibly faulty amp.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:55 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

This is Jeepdude, the other guy having the same issue. It was noted above that I may have an old version of FUSE. I downloaded fuse straight from the FUSE website just the other day and not from the disk that came with my Mustang I amp. With that said, the disk had Live 8 on it and I did purchase the amp almost a year ago. I just never got around to attempting to record anything using Live 8 until just the other day. My amp is working fine with FUSE so the usb is working - meaning my computer and amp are communicating properly. For what its worth, as part of the free Live 8 that was provided on the disk, I had to first go to Live 8 and register it using a serial number provided by Fender/FUSE. And that worked fine - the Live 8 web site authorized it. And, the Live 8 software on my computer appears to be working fine - it just does not recognize my amp because there is no option for USB under the Hardware tab - the only thing available is Realtek High Definition Audio. I looked on the Live 8 web site for a way of communicating with them but could not find a way. The Live 8 training video which is on the disk shows USB Mustang as an option along with Realtek.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:10 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

jeepdude, I note you say you've followed all the instructions. Just to be sure, see the following articles on installing the ASIO driver, configuring Ableton and other related matters. In particular, there are detailed steps, with screenshots and a tutorial video, on the correct way to setup Ableton to recognise and use the Mustang ASIO driver.

http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... tible-amp/
http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... recording/
http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... io-driver/
http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... -computer/

Assuming you have done everything exactly as per these instructions / articles, in the correct order, at what point does what you see on your PC differ from what the instructions show?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:27 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Well Scott-UK you were right. I went back and found that I never downloaded AmpliTube. So, I went through that process, which was not an easy process for me and now in Live 8 under the Hardware section, in addition to RealTek, the following is also listed............Mustang Amplifier In: 2 x 44. 1K Hz, 16 Bits. There is no mention of USB but I assume that is okay????

So, in all I had to install Live 8, AmpliTube, ASIO and FUSE. I missed one and thus it did not work properly. Thanks Scott-UK!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:46 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

jeepdude, glad it's all working now. Although it's odd, you shouldn't need Amplitube (or FUSE) in order to use Ableton, you just need Ableton itself and the ASIO driver. But whatever, if it's working that's the main thing!

Note the ASIO driver is nothing to do with Windows USB drivers. The latter are used by FUSE, the former by Ableton. The ASIO driver just chooses to identify the amp as "Mustang" etc without bothering to refer to the USB connection. So yes what you see is fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:18 pm 
Fender Staff

Hi Jeepdude1,

We will be happy to assist. It seems that scott-uk has offered some great advice, thanks scott-uk:) Please let us know if we can assist further.

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:11 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

yes ive tried 2 cables in addition to the supplied one, still nothing. yes my ports are fine, have usedall 3 recently different things, all working normal. sorry for late responses, stationed overseas and work nights so. really appreciat the help scott-uk.

going to contact fender here shortly, when i can get a min to fully explain everything in an email, hope this gets resolved shortly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 am 
Fender Staff

Hi mallard17,

We look forward to hearing from you.

480-596-7195