It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: FUSE - WAH , and AMPLITUDE LE QUESTION
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:48 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I am new to this forum. I did look at some posts, but could not find the answers.
Three Questions:

1. I can't get any guitar sound out of my Amplitude LE I downloaded when I bought the Mustang 1. When I open it, it has a loud feedback sound. It seems to be registering my internal Mic on my laptop ????? I cannot get my guitar to play through it

2. Has anyone tried the hidden Touch wah and Auto wah ? I can't get any real Wah effect from this. Any tricks I need to do ? The funny thing is, I have Ampkit on my ipad, and when I play through the Ampkit Wah through the Mustang, it really is Wild !!! I can't imagine the FUSE not able to give me at least the same intensity from the WAH.

3. I can't place various stomp boxes in line. When I choose a stomp box, and go to place a different one, it does not seem to lock the one I previously picked, and changes the stomp to my next choice. So I can't seem to put and Overdrive next to a Wah for instance. Am I missing something ?????

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Jerry

Post subject: Re: FUSE - WAH , and AMPLITUDE LE QUESTION
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:45 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

jerryratpack wrote:
I am new to this forum. I did look at some posts, but could not find the answers.
Three Questions:

1. I can't get any guitar sound out of my Amplitude LE I downloaded when I bought the Mustang 1. When I open it, it has a loud feedback sound. It seems to be registering my internal Mic on my laptop ????? I cannot get my guitar to play through it

Same thing here..so I cant really help with that but I was able to turn down one of the dials on the botton of Ampltitude to stop the front mic from feed-back.. Also I couldn't
get it to play neither ...but it does work!!! ..we just have to know how :) You picked ASIO correct in the settings ... i think mine was already picked when it installed itself but it made no difference ..allthough ..maybe it all did work ..i was trying to record with
it ..i didnt know what it was at the time lol.

2. Has anyone tried the hidden Touch wah and Auto wah ? I can't get any real Wah effect from this. Any tricks I need to do ? The funny thing is, I have Ampkit on my ipad, and when I play through the Ampkit Wah through the Mustang, it really is Wild !!! I can't imagine the FUSE not able to give me at least the same intensity from the WAH.

I haven't really played with them that much but from what i did .. i sorta see what you mean.

3. I can't place various stomp boxes in line. When I choose a stomp box, and go to place a different one, it does not seem to lock the one I previously picked, and changes the stomp to my next choice. So I can't seem to put and Overdrive next to a Wah for instance. Am I missing something ?????

That's normal.. we can only use one of each thing... I know it might be a bother...but for
now that the way it is. I love thse AMPS regardless ..for 200 bucks...your sure to get some cooltones ringing from it...there almost perfect :)

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Jerry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:52 am 
Fender Staff

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the answers aLinux.

Jerry - Regarding the noise coming from AmpliTube Fender LE, it sounds like it's defaulted to using your built in Mic as the input. Have you taken a look at this KB article that details the audio setup?
http://www.fender.com/support/articles/ ... d-playback

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:55 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Howard, Thanks for the link. It seemed to solve the issue. I appreciate the help and feedback from both of you.

Thanks again !

jerry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:16 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Loren,
Can you address the Wah issue? I've had the same problem...little wah effect, but able to use as a choke (treble booster) for the fixed wah. Would like to be able to make better use of the Auto Wah.

Thanks, Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:23 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

bclarke675 wrote:
Loren,
Can you address the Wah issue? I've had the same problem...little wah effect, but able to use as a choke (treble booster) for the fixed wah. Would like to be able to make better use of the Auto Wah.

Thanks, Bob

Hey bclarke, somebody just mentioned Wah pedals should come after the effects ..like
this Amp -> effect pedals -> wah wah then lastly guitar... I notice in Fuse you can place
things before or after the Amp .. Stomp boxes are before or after i dont know ..and the Rack effects are either before or after ..so try using the auto wah in the other direction..it might sound perfect that way ..like ..if you're using it now in a Stomp position...close that and try the rack position ...bet that will sound correct .. hope it works.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

The wahs are only available as stomp boxes, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm just not adjusting something correctly or have missed a setting. Any other suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Oh OK... my bad. For what its worth... do you ever play Voodoo Child.. if so, try this,
it blew my mind last-night...download preset SRV - Cold Shot, I swear it rocks the
beggining of Voodoo Child, and actually sounds better (in a new sorta way) than my old Cry baby, Vox 847 and this new Modtone Wah I'm using. Its a vibratone effect, not a Wah but damn does it fill in for a wah - used for Hendrix's voodoo.

I really think i'm gonna junk these wah wah's - less in the chain is always better anyhow..less tone suckin... but nah ..they come in good for the scorching highs :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I tried adjusting it, but it really does not come thru for me. I also noticed that the presets really don't have any wah settings from the fuse community. So it makes me think that nobody can get the real wah sound to come through.
Which surprises me because , as I mentioned, I can plug in a cheap pair of headphones into my iPad, open up "ampkit from peavy" app, plug my guitar in, and I can get a a great Wah sound. I have a hard time believing that fender fuse is not more sophisticated and can't produce that sound.
Can anyone tell us if there is something we are not doing ?
I have not tried the SRV tone yet but will try that out. Thanks for the tip.
Jerry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

FUSE only adjusts the settings...the amp has to produce the sounds...is there a problem with the Wah models in the G-DEC 3s and we're just now figuring it out?

Loren?!? Alan?!? Brad?!?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:32 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I think peavey Ampkit is an exception cause everytime I've played through Auto-wah
pedals at various friends, I've never found one that wah'd along exactly with every pick of the note like i wanted, but again, I haven't messed around enough with the Mustangs Wah to say much other than what i already did. For what its worth, it felt (so-far) just like how my buddies floor pedals felt, nothing less or more.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:55 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

The ones on my Vox AD60VTX and Tonelab work great!

The rest of my G-DEC 3 is awesome...just looking for better wah results.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:27 am 
Fender Staff

Hey Bob,

I'm sorry for not responding. We are doing some testing on the Wah effects now. I'll have something to report back shortly.

480-596-7195

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:20 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Thanks! I know that you've been busy on the new version of FUSE. No rush, just hoping for a more usable wah effect. By the way, I love the octave control in the Fuzz effect. I wonder how many people have seen that it is there?!?
:D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:16 pm 
Fender Staff

Hey Guys,

We were able to come up with a great sounding wah tone here. We saved it as a Preset titled "Waht's Wrong". It's available now on the Community site under Mustang Presets. When you have a chance please try it out and let us know how it sounds to you.

480-596-7195