It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: NAD - Fender G-DEC30
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

I just picked up an almost new G-DEC30 for what I think is a nice price. Been reading about the amp and thought it would help me with my guitar playing. I know everybody knows what they look like, but they say, without photos, it didn't happen.

Here it is:

I'll be back on here looking for help, no doubt :mrgreen:

Jerry

'62 Jazzmaster/'78 Precision Bass/'88 Fender F250 acoustic/'07 Gibson Less Paul Classic Antique/'12 Squier Strat/'14 Squier VM Jaguar/'15 Classic 60s Telecaster/'68 Showman Reverb/'70 Bandmaster Cabinet JBL D140F speakers/'69 Super Reverb/'12 G-DEC 3-30

Paramount Series
Post subject: Re: NAD - Fender G-DEC30
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:13 am
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Hi Jerry and welcome!
Great amp; you'll have a lot of fun with it I'm sure. I'm a big fan of this amp myself and find that I can spend the better part of a day playing away, not realizing how much time has passed; it's been a big factor in my weight loss plan :lol:
In case you haven't got the manuals, they can be found here...
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=44869
Enjoy....
Alex

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:10 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Hi Jerry,

Also be sure to go to Amazon.com and search for "Hal Leonard G-DEC" Hal Leonard has a series of artist specific songbooks that come with an SD card specifically for the G-DEC 3 that have both the guitar tones and very good backing tracks for each song. I have the Tom Petty book and a Hard Rock compilation book so far and am really impressed!

Congrats on your G-DEC! We here at the forums have an obligation to convince Fender that they made a mistake discontinuing the series. I want my G-DEC 4 120-watt 212 with SD and USB thumb drives, hour-long looper, built-in mixer and built-in CD burner!!!

my gear:

Warmoth Custom-Build Stratocaster (The Andersong)
Fender American Special Stratocaster
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet w/ Bigsby
Squier J. Mascis Jazzmaster
Fernandes Nomad Deluxe
Fender Mustang GT40
Peavey Vypyr PRO 100 w/ Sanpera PRO

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:01 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

They had a blowout on those amps when Fender discontinued them. They were selling for dirt cheap.

Now that the cheap G-DEC's are gone, the price has shot back up as there seems to be a resurgence in their popularity. They are very flexible and can be reprogrammed for rock, blues, country and metal. I'm wishing that I had grabbed one.

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:52 am
Amateur
Amateur

I certainly do enjoy this amp. You can load and play to backing tracks, of which there are literally millions. Great practice and learning tool. Just plain old good fun. :) :mrgreen:

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:30 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I often find myself just "wasting" hours experimenting with how the presets make stuff that I know how to play sound better (or worse) or just different.
It's such a COOL device.
A shame they decided to end the line as this is really an awesome amp (mine is only the 15 tho).

I would like to eventually explore perhaps mounting different speakers in it.
Curious if I matched the impedance if I could get a nice sounding car stereo speaker in there that had the same "oomph" in amp mode but also made the mp3 backing tracks sound as good as the stereo.
Or even better, punch in a slightly better amp speaker, and a full range car speaker out the side....then work some soldering magic so it would play the internal backing tracks through the regular side speaker but still route the guitar to the big amp speaker...

Martin

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Thanks for the Welcome and nice comments guys.

I am happy with this little amp. I have listened to all of the presets that came installed on the amp.

I downloaded the Blues and Country presets from Fender and I did learn how to load new presets from an SD card. So far just going through the presets. Lots of nice backing tracks.

Gonna be a challenge to figure out some of the chord progressions but some of the presets reveal the main key.

I did order a couple of the Hal Leonard SDs.

I'm looking forward to working with the amp.

Jerry

'62 Jazzmaster/'78 Precision Bass/'88 Fender F250 acoustic/'07 Gibson Less Paul Classic Antique/'12 Squier Strat/'14 Squier VM Jaguar/'15 Classic 60s Telecaster/'68 Showman Reverb/'70 Bandmaster Cabinet JBL D140F speakers/'69 Super Reverb/'12 G-DEC 3-30

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:56 pm
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

There is a PDF to download that lists some chord progressions and keys to play in for all of the backing tracks included !

I took mine to work and laminated them :-)

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

martinf64 wrote:
There is a PDF to download that lists some chord progressions and keys to play in for all of the backing tracks included !

martinf64

Thanks for the tip. Do you know where I can find this PDF?

Jerry

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 pm
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

martinf64

Nevermind! I found the PDF for the standard presets.

Thanks.

Jerry