It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Rumble 350 Combo 2x10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

What is the sound/Tone quality that a 2x10 combo can offer to play in medium size places?

It can be considered Semi-Pro amp?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Rumble 350 Combo 2x10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:43 am 
Rock Star
Rock Star

Loud, rich, with simple easy to set EQ and scoop switches. The horn on/off is a good feature too. I think it sounds as good as any 2x10 combo I've ever tried out at showroom volume. I have no trouble getting really big bass from this 2x10 amp. If I needed a big combo the Rumble 350 would be on the list of considered units. It has a frankly surprisingly good quality vintage tone and can also cover more modern tones. Everyone I know that has one loves it and I enjoy hearing people use them. A real quality tone. Definitely the best big bass combo amp bang for the buck right now.

A few criticisms now. Not very fond of the overdrive tones it has personally and there is no top carry handle which might come in handy now and then.

If clean and lush is what you want it does that better than any other amp for the money. The wheels are handy.

Would be good as an "only" amp too as it covers home practice, rehearsals plus would pass at any gig. Headphone jack and aux in makes home practice less intrusive to family and neighbors. Add to that list of pros the fact that it isn't extremely heavy. Like about any amp they sound even nicer after a short break-in period. Several players around here have one. Indoors they are more power than you'll need, outdoors more than adequate as a stage amp patched into the PA via the XLR out. That XLR out is also handy for recording too. A good all around high power larger combo. The price is very much worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:07 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Thank you Rock!! Very good explain.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:11 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

Location: Alabama, Michigan, Florida, Wisconsin, Mississippi and Tennessee seasonally
In full agreement with Dave. I've had mine for over a year and it fills indoor rooms up to 1800 square feet without having to plug into the venue PA system.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:07 pm 
Roadie
Roadie

I've had mine for a few months now, and I'll have to say it's one of the best sounding amps I've played though in all of the years I've been playing. Then again, I don't think I've ever played through a "bad" sounding Fender. Of course, that is subject to individual taste and your results may vary. All in all, I'm pretty confident it will do the job. I've already used it for professional recording with it's DI and it sounds pretty damned good. Nice and beefy tone. You sure as hell can't beat the price, either, especially with the current rebate they have going.

Last edited by BassPaulL on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:16 pm 
Professional Musician
Professional Musician

Also be sure to compare the Rumble 350 Combo to the original "giant killer" that started the high end - high wattage 2 X 10 bass combo rage => The one! The only! And still heavy wieght bass combo champ of the world! THE SWR RED HEAD!!! 400 watts and and damn near 100 pounds. $2,349.99 MSRP.

There's a lot to like in the Rumble 350 Combo. It's only $649.99 MSRP (or $450 at Musician's Friend) 350 watts and only 65 pounds. :) Not as versatile as the SWR Red Head, but still a great sounding bass combo in it's own right.

Unlike Bro. Dave, I happen to like the overdrive in Rumble amps. It offers a lot of flexability that many stomp boxes do not. I also like the built in Dyna-Comp adaptive compressor. It works and it's unobtrusive.

I would play any average bar with either a Rumble 350 or 150 combo with complete confidence that I would sound: Great; BIG, Solid, and totally professional.

2012 Rumble 75 Combo - Modified
2013 Rumble 350 + 112 x2
One day they shall name a GREAT city after me, and they shall call it LINNINGRAD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:36 am 
Roadie
Roadie

I've actually played through a SWR Red Head combo many moons ago at a chain store called Thoroughbred Music (I believe Sam Ash bought those out.) I wanted to try out a Jack Bruce signature model Warwick fretless (with the nifty LED fret markers) and the sales person plugged me into that amp. I remember it sounding pretty good, but then again the whole rig probably cost close to six grand at the time. I suppose he plugged me into that because it would have been ridiculous to plug an almost $4000 bass into some cheesy Crate or Peavey amp.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:42 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

I haven't gigged mine yet, but I've played two gigs where different bassists were playing the Rumble 350 2x10. I play an Am. Std. Jazz Bass and a Rickenbacker 4001 through mine. Can't wait to try it out in a live situation. It's sturdy, and I've got much faith in it.

Last edited by ch willie on Sun May 12, 2013 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:03 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I use it in small and medium sized gigs. The DI out is a great feature to use in venues. I love the tone of mine. I like the dist. channel on it. Though there are better options to personally craft your dirt tone, the gain channel provided actually does pretty well on its own IMO. The Scoop on/off feature is pretty cool. No difficulty for me to get good low end out of it. Good value for the money IMO. I've really appreciated the fact that I can have the option of turning my horn off or on. For medium sized venues, I say go for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiOYZFCMwlQ

Fender Am. Special P bass Black w/maple fb
Fender Rumble 350 210 combo

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:54 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I just completed a month long search for a small combo amp to use at smaller gigs & after trying Mark Bass, TC Electronics, GK, Ampeg, & Acoustic, I bought a Rumble 350! My main rig is an Eden WT 800 with Eden D115 XLT & D410 XST cabinets, so I was spoiled with amazing sound & none of the other combos I tried even came close. I really wanted an amp I could tilt back like a monitor facing back at me so the stage volume wouldn't be an issue for my soundman at smaller venues, so I really liked the design of the Mark Bass CMD 102P because you can tilt it back. The problem with the Mark Bass & all the others I tried was that they had good bottom end when you set them flat on the floor, but they were muddy sounding because the speakers are down at your ankles & when you tilt them back they loose all the bottom end. The last amp I wanted to try was an Acoustic B 450 MK II. I had played on the same head into a 6X10 box & it sounded great, so I was hoping the 2X10 combo would come close, but it had less bottom end than any of the other combos even when it was sitting flat on the floor. I had seen the Rumble 350 every time I went to Guitar Center but never tried it because I thought that Fender bass amps were for country bands & guys who used flatwounds. Boy, was I wrong!!! After getting disappointed with the Acoustic amp I decided to try the Fender before I left the store & I was BLOWN AWAY!! This little amp has tons of bottom end even with the "bass" knob at 2:00, so there is plenty of bottom in reserve when you tilt it back. The thing that sets the Rumble apart from all the other amps I tried is that it not only had the full, tight bottom I was looking for, but it also had great clairity sitting flat on the floor. I didn't have to tilt it back to get a good clean sound. I bought a tiltback stand for $20 at Guitar Center so that I have the option of tilting it back if I want to, but I don't think it will be necessary. I just got the amp last week so I haven't played on it with my band yet, but we have a gig next weekend so I will be trying it out then. I have played along with music on my computer played pretty loud through my studio monitors, & the amp sounds amazing! My biggest fear now is that I won't ever want to use my Eden rig anymore after finally putting together a rig that sounds exactly like I wanted! The Rumble has plenty of power to play all the venues we play, so it's going to be hard to justify using my Eden rig that weighs over 300 pounds & takes up my entire truck, both the bed & back seat, VS the Rumble that weighs 65 pounds & will fit in the back seat!

If you are considering buying the Rumble 350, I highly recommend it!

Eden WT800; Alembic SF-2 Superfilter; Eden D115 XLT & D410 XST Speaker Cabinets
Fender Rumble 350

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:35 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I just bought one of these about a month ago. I'm a converted guitar player who was asked to sit in on bass which has since turned into a full-time gig so I picked up the Rumble 350 combo. After a couple of shows, I decided it needed a little help so I slaved a Peavey TKO 115 to it and WOW did that make the difference. I plan on picking up a Rumble 150 to use as the slave at some point because I couldn't believe how great it sounded with that extra 15" speaker in addition to the 2x10's! The tone is great from the 350 with my Jazz bass. I've used the direct out for recording and to patch into the PA at gigs. I recommend this amp 100% but be willing to try the slave option as well if, like me, you decide the 2x10s aren't enough for larger stages.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:18 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I just had my first gig with the Rumble 350 last weekend & I was VERY happy with the amp! The sound is amazing & it has plenty of power for stage volume & I play sandwiched between 2 guitar players, one of which who wears ear plugs so he always plays too loud! My drummer commented that this was the best he ever heard my bass sound! I'm not sure I agree with that since my regular rig is a 800 watt Eden stack with 115 & 410 cabinets, but it did sound great! Every note cut through with great clarity & it had plenty of bottom end to give it fullness. We have a 20,000 watt PA so I didn't have to rely on the Rumble to project to the audience. I bought it strictly for an onstage monitor for me & it passed with flying colors! My Eden rig is now retired except for outdoor gigs! Great job Fender, you guys hit it out of the park with this amp!!

Eden WT800; Alembic SF-2 Superfilter; Eden D115 XLT & D410 XST Speaker Cabinets
Fender Rumble 350