It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Rumble 150 vs Rumble 350
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:28 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi everyone, I'm new here and need some advice/straightening out.
Years ago I played with a Traynor monoblock head and 2x15' cab, sounded great (at the time), played almost every weekend and the system took a beating.
Now just getting back into it after years off, have a P-bass and use a rumble 15 to practice with (mostly with headphones) and use it as a monitor when drumming.
Our new band practices in the basement and our bassist uses an older rumble 100 (1x15) combo - the one with the red stage lights (gotta love those lights!!). I'd like to get myself something with a little more power than the rumble 15, my daughter is playing the bass and uses the rumble 100 when playing out.
SO, I thought that the rumble 150 with the 15" speaker would be better suited for a bass player (maybe I'm old school on this) than the rumble 350 with 10" speakers. I thought that the 15 would give better low end sound and that the 10's would be better at the high end i.e. for lead/ryth guitar.
Thoughts/reasons between the two?

Thanks Kevin

Post subject: Re: Rumble 150 vs Rumble 350
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hey there! I am getting back to playing bass myself.(See my previous post) My thoughts::: Why not purchase a Rumble 350 Head and see what there is out there for 15 inch cabs. AFAIK the Rumble 350 Combo (2x10) has no out put jacks for a external speaker so even if you wanted to add a 15 in later you could not. U.K.