It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fender 50th anniversary 1996 squire
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:52 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Ok, So I have read pretty much every piece of available information on the internet about these guitars. There are Chinese, Japanese and Korean. All with varying degrees of review. We all know these guitars are made of solid wood, they are to scale with American standard. (given with cheaper accessories) They have 50th anniversary stickers on the back of the headstock.. And they are far above any other squire guitar available in any time period on the market.

What I want to know, is how to read these serial numbers.. According to fender website info, my 96 is in fact a bullet. Reading NC661183.

Does this in fact make my model differ? there is no indication of bullet on the headstock (standard SQUIRE(r) STRAT(r) on the headstock) So up until now I've been thinking this is a straight squire 96'.

Any information anyone can offer on this, or any model they might have to guage differences is greatly appreciated.

I love how heavy this is for a squire and its obviously a solid tone wood, I just want to know more of what I'm getting into before I spend excessive money modding ( I dont have electronics in the guitar) But Ive had strings on it and it plays like any american- only maybe holds tune better than a 2009 deluxe ash that I've had prior.

Let's figure these 96 50th anniversary squires out once and for all!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Fender 50th anniversary 1996 squire
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:20 pm 
Rock Star
Rock Star

First of all, there is no "NC6 + 5 digits" listed on the Fender support page. "CN6 + 5 digits" represents a 1996 Korean made Squire. Secondly, where on this site does it say that your guitar is a Bullet?

Have you sent your serial number to consumerrelations@fender.com?

Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, BB King: The Ultimate Guitar Trio