It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fender Blues Deville 212
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I traded for this amp a couple of days ago. it sounds great and has a new set of JJ tubes installed also came with a Tan Fender cover the original fender tubes and a fender footswitch. says Made in the USA on the back. (The guy I got it from said it was made in 95) it has a light tan tweed covering and could use some cleaning. what can I do to clean it up some. Also the control panel could use some cleaning too. the sound of the amp is pretty good. I just never had a Fender amp or guitar before. I have mostly played peavey and marshalls amps and Epiphone guitars. is there anything I need to know about this amp (like problems and what not)

Also where can I buy the original owners manual. I would just like to have the manual that goes with it....

Post subject: Re: Fender Blues Deville 212
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 am 
Rock Star
Rock Star

Just do a search on the amp here. There are many threads dealing with the Blues Deluxe/Blues Deville and their common problems, fixes, and mods. My two threads here deal with problems I had with my Blues Deluxe Reissue and mods that I made to it that are also applicable for the most part to the Blues Deville.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=74557

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=80142

Download the owner's manual here. It's only 8 pages.

http://support.fender.com/manuals/guita ... manual.pdf

Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, BB King: The Ultimate Guitar Trio

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:46 pm 
Rock Star
Rock Star

In my opinion the Blues Deville 212 is the best amp in the whole HR series of amps and yours is early enough to be MIA. I don't normally give kudos when people buy HR series amps but I'll make an exception in this case.
It's heavy though. And loud.

Good find.

Warm water with a little bit of light duty detergent and a soft bristle brush and some light scrubbing usually gets the bulk of the dirt off tweed amps for me. Light scrubbing usually doesn't lift too many fibres out ofvthe fabric and make the amp look fuzzy. I've never dared try anything more aggressive than that. Place a couple of fans in the room aimed to create a large volume low speed circular movement of air in the room to speed drying without shrinking the covering.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:58 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

BMW-KTM wrote:
In my opinion the Blues Deville 212 is the best amp in the whole HR series of amps and yours is early enough to be MIA. I don't normally give kudos when people buy HR series amps but I'll make an exception in this case.
It's heavy though. And loud.

Good find.

Warm water with a little bit of light duty detergent and a soft bristle brush and some light scrubbing usually gets the bulk of the dirt off tweed amps for me. Light scrubbing usually doesn't lift too many fibres out ofvthe fabric and make the amp look fuzzy. I've never dared try anything more aggressive than that. Place a couple of fans in the room aimed to create a large volume low speed circular movement of air in the room to speed drying without shrinking the covering.

Cool... I really like the amp but it is very loud... the weight is not really a issue because I most likely will not ever gig with it.. I have tried a lot of tube amps but I think I really like this one. I have had Marshall class 5, Peavey ultra head and cab, and a Crate Vintage club and this one just sounds like classic rock to me. don't get me wrong I did like the class 5 and the Crate VC but the Marshall just did not have any bell and whistles. The Crate VC was very loud and with the 15 inch speaker in it. it was a little muddy sounding to me. This Blues deville just to me at this point sounds better than a Marshall... now I am not a big fan of the Tweed covering because I am not a retro kinda guy but it is growing on me.. I have not yet tried my pedals on it yet but will today. I have a question about the Power Amp In, and the Pre Amp Out. Is that just the Effects loop? or will I just have to go in thru the guitar input? What is you recommended detergent brand? Last question of the day just so I don't mess anything up what can I use to clean the control panel I was thinking window cleaner or something like that....

Thanks again for the info....

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:32 pm 
Rock Star
Rock Star

Lawnmowerman wrote:
...I have a question about the Power Amp In, and the Pre Amp Out. Is that just the Effects loop? or will I just have to go in thru the guitar input?... what can I use to clean the control panel I was thinking window cleaner or something like that...

Yes, it's the effects loop, and typically use it for time-based effects such as delay, chorus, etc, while effects such as distortion go into the input, but experiment and see how things sound best to you. You can also bypass the amp's preamp section (volume, tone controls, channel switching) by plugging a multi-effects unit directly into the Power Amp In, with guitar plugged into the effects unit. I use my Preamp out to feed a tuner. For cleaning the control panel, remove the knobs and simply use a damp rag gently so as not to scrub the labeling off.

Por favor, disculpe mi español, no se llega a la práctica con mucha frecuencia.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

shimmilou wrote:
Lawnmowerman wrote:
...I have a question about the Power Amp In, and the Pre Amp Out. Is that just the Effects loop? or will I just have to go in thru the guitar input?... what can I use to clean the control panel I was thinking window cleaner or something like that...

Yes, it's the effects loop, and typically use it for time-based effects such as delay, chorus, etc, while effects such as distortion go into the input, but experiment and see how things sound best to you. You can also bypass the amp's preamp section (volume, tone controls, channel switching) by plugging a multi-effects unit directly into the Power Amp In, with guitar plugged into the effects unit. I use my Preamp out to feed a tuner. For cleaning the control panel, remove the knobs and simply use a damp rag gently so as not to scrub the labeling off.

Thanks for the info.. I will give it a shot tonight and see how my effects sound thru it.. I don't think I will be running a distortion thru it because I already have a very nice amp for that.... but so far for my classic Rock sound I was looking for this fits the bill... Thanks Again.. 8)