It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Cyber Champ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:46 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Hi all,
I just got a Cyber Champ off ebay and wondered if anyone has one and any tips you might have for a new user? And I wonder what footswitch works with it? The owners manual doesn't seem to mention one, unless I missed it.

Thanks,

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:51 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

That's why it was so cheap! No included footswitch! Helped kill the product. Great amp, tho.

If you can pick up the super-expensive optional Fender footswitch/volume pedal combo on eBay cheap, go for it, but it'll likely run you more than you paid for the amp itself.

A debate continues to rage over whether you can use some generic midi footswitch and make some use of it for preset swapping on the CC--which does of course have midi in. Never seen anyone do it successfully tho. And the Cyber Deluxe 4-button F/S (included) definitely won't work with the CC.

This was a huge brain freeze on the part of Fender. If they just made the 4-button compatible with the inexpensive CC, they would have had a very viable product. As it is, it's an abandoned orphan child of the cyber series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:01 pm 
Rock Star
Rock Star

Doesn't appear as if there are many Cyber Champ owners out there.

I've had one since they came out. Has anyone had a problem with the onboard tuner? It used to work well, but now the lights flash all over the place especially on the high E.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:07 pm 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

If they had just included the same 4-button F/S as the Deluxe the Champ at its reasonable price point would have done much better. As it was, nobody was gonna fork over the price of the amp for the elaborate volume pedal monstrosity that was really meant for the Cyber-Twin just to switch presets.

Which is a shame since this is a heckuva product and cheap for what it gives you.