It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fender Amp Rivera-era Footswitch...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:14 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

The footswitch used for the Rivera-era Fender amps (Princeton II, Super Champ, Concert, Twin Reverb II, Deluxe Reverb II, Fender 75, Fender 140) is unique and hard to find these days. I recently bought a Rivera-era amp online from a music store but it didn't have the footswitch with it which really limits the amps' utility. The store contends that the footswitch never came with these amps when brand new but was an extra accessory had to be bought separately. That doesn't seem right to me.

Did anyone out there buy a Rivera-era Fender amp brand new and, if so, was the footswitch included or did you have to buy it separately as an extra accessory? How about those that have been at Fender for a long time, or ones able to research this at Fender? Do you know the correct answer to my question?

Of course, a music store can say anything to make a sale but they seem to try to position themselves as helpful, honest and pro-customer but I'm thinking it's really another 'buyer beware' store in sheep's clothing with a soft-sell rap.

Thanks for your time,

Bob M.

Post subject: Re: Fender Amp Rivera-era Footswitch...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:20 pm 
Rock Star
Rock Star

I bought my Concert (2x10) brand new and it not only came with the footswitch but the amp cover as well. They are dead wrong about the foot switch. By the way, check Ebay, I see them all the time...

Here is one, though a bit highly priced...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Rivera-E ... 35b95ce897

T2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:54 pm 
Amateur
Amateur

Like T2Stratman said, I bought a Deluxe Reverb II back in the early 80's, came with footswitch and cover. If you do a search you can find aftermarket ones that aren't quite as expensive, but still more than a regular fender footswitch.
filerj :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:43 am 
Aspiring Musician
Aspiring Musician

A few years back I contacted Fender Customer Service for advice on a footswitch for my SF Princeton. They recommended Music Parts Guru. I was very happy working with them and I would recommend them.

They do have a footswitch for the Rivera Era amps Might be more than what you want to spend, but I bet you'll get good service and I bet the part will work as expected.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:09 pm 
Rock Icon
Rock Icon

phansford wrote:
A few years back I contacted Fender Customer Service for advice on a footswitch for my SF Princeton. They recommended Music Parts Guru. I was very happy working with them and I would recommend them.

+1

Tom at The Parts Guru is extremely knowledgeable and he's helped me out a number of times.

Arjay

"Here's why reliability is job one: A great sounding amp that breaks down goes from being a favorite piece of gear to a useless piece of crap in less time than it takes to read this sentence." -- BRUCE ZINKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:51 am 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

Bob M. wrote:
The footswitch used for the Rivera-era Fender amps (Princeton II, Super Champ, Concert, Twin Reverb II, Deluxe Reverb II, Fender 75, Fender 140) is unique and hard to find these days. I recently bought a Rivera-era amp online from a music store but it didn't have the footswitch with it which really limits the amps' utility. The store contends that the footswitch never came with these amps when brand new but was an extra accessory had to be bought separately. That doesn't seem right to me.

Did anyone out there buy a Rivera-era Fender amp brand new and, if so, was the footswitch included or did you have to buy it separately as an extra accessory? How about those that have been at Fender for a long time, or ones able to research this at Fender? Do you know the correct answer to my question?

Of course, a music store can say anything to make a sale but they seem to try to position themselves as helpful, honest and pro-customer but I'm thinking it's really another 'buyer beware' store in sheep's clothing with a soft-sell rap.

Thanks for your time,

Bob M.

I did buy a brand new Fender Twin Reverb II in the 80's and the footswitch is optional. However, this was in the day of brick and mortar shops and in the negotiating, the store threw in the cover and the footswitch. But if you look at Fender documentation, the footswitch is an optional item.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:09 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

I bought a Rivera era Concert brand new and it did come with the footswitch. I don't remember if it came with a cover. So that store is full of Shiite. :lol: I have a schematic if you feel inclined to build one. It would be a lot cheaper than buying one from Ebay or aftermarket. Pm me if you want it.

Bigampdaddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:21 pm 
Hobbyist
Hobbyist

phansford wrote:

They do have a footswitch for the Rivera Era amps Might be more than what you want to spend, but I bet you'll get good service and I bet the part will work as expected.

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post this in case someone happened upon this thread...

http://switchdoctorswitches.com/index.p ... gory_id=17