Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:37 am
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
To make sure the Fender Lounge Forums
- For sale and wanted ads are not allowed.
- Don't use the forums or chats for any business-related or commercial purpose without the express consent of Fender.com. You may only create an account for yourself as an individual. You may not create an account for your corporation or other business entity.
- Don't use Fender.com to do anything illegal. Fender Musical Instruments, Corp. isn't responsible for anything you post on the site or for anything that happens because of what you post; you alone are responsible.
- Don't use inappropriate language. This includes profane words/phrases, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, pornographic, or illegal activities.
- Don't distribute, post, or discuss obscene or other unlawful materials like child pornography or illegal drugs.
- Don't harass, abuse, threaten, flame, stalk, or spam other users.
- Don't defend yourself against profane attacks with profanity as you will be treated in the same manner as the originator.
- Don't create a username or forum posting with any profanity, sexually explicit language, sexual innuendo, or racial, ethnic, or religious slurs in it. Don't create a username or forum posting that references controversial political or religious topics, notorious people, organizations, or sensitive current or historical events that may also be considered inappropriate. Fender Musical Instruments, Corp. reserves the right to ban any name it deems inappropriate for any reason.
- Political and/or religious postings are strongly discouraged here as this sort of discussion frequently leads to strong disagreement amongst forum members -- and hence is quite contrary to our goal of providing a fun, family-oriented musical instrument enthusiast community. If you wish to debate political and religious topics we encourage you to seek out an appropriate community elsewhere on the Internet to do so.
- Don't publish, post, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, sexual, or other unlawful material including images, audio, or text.
- Don't post links to Web sites that violate the Code of Conduct.
- Don't post links to materials that could harm other users' computers or would allow others to inappropriately access software or Web sites.
- Don't impersonate or harass Fender Musical Instruments, Corp. employees, moderators, or staff members. Further, your username may not be the same as, nor derived from, the given name of any other individual, living or dead. (For example, you may not register as "Joe" if your name is "Stan".) In cases where this is called into question two valid forms of photo identity must be faxed to the forum administrator in order to prove identity.
- Any non-Fender-related conversation that takes up a substantial amount of the forum or chat space and prevents users from finding Fender-related information may be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Avoid excessive shouting (use of all-caps) or flooding (continuous posting of repetitive text).
- Using multiple usernames is not allowed; you may register and use only one username.
- Fender Musical Instruments, Corp. is not obligated to monitor every post, but we have the right to remove any post or take action against any poster.
- Fender Musical Instruments, Corp. reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created content from Fender.com.
- Fender Musical Instruments, Corp. reserves the right to immediately terminate or suspend a user for violations.
- Fender Musical Instruments, Corp. can contact any Internet Service Provider and provide the ISP with information on illegal activities.
Some offenses warrant an immediate permanent ban, including severe racial remarks, heated political or religious discussion, profane usernames, posting viruses or URLs to viruses. In addition, trying to avoid a temporary ban by creating a string of new accounts may result in a permanent ban on the new user ID and a possible escalation of punishment to the original ID. General Website Precautions
- Some areas of Fender.com may post Internet Website links. Please be advised that Fender Musical Instruments, Corp. is not responsible for the content on the Web sites associated with the links you may view.
- Some content and links on the Internet may contain adult content and may not be suitable for children. We encourage parents to join their children as they surf and explore the Internet.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through Fender.com. Remember that the information provided could be from people of any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions with anyone is your own, and you should do your own research prior to making any decisions.
- Don't give out your/others personally identifiable information (such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, names and addresses, telephone numbers, driver license numbers) to strangers online, as this information may be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
Be sure to reread this document once in a while because Fender Musical Instruments, Corp. can change it at any time and you're responsible and liable for your activities when using the service. Some games and events may also have additional guidelines that govern your use, so be sure to review them in addition to this Code of Conduct.